Talk

Advanced search

What are you buying your DH for Christmas?

(24 Posts)
CosmicCelia Wed 14-Nov-12 17:27:37

Ideas desperately needed! Please help!

craftynclothy Wed 14-Nov-12 17:37:33

Already bought but I've got him the following:

Pack of socks from Next (he needs these)
T-shirt from Boden (only cost £2.70 delivered cos they sent me a voucher)
I made a cross-stitch Mario coaster
I made an amigurumi Bob-Omb (from Mario) - both these are for his desk at work
Pacman soaps
Mario themed tins of sweets (one toadstool, one ? cube)
Space invaders stress ball
Space invaders heat-changing mug
Various other sweets (buy big packs and split them between all the stockings)

Um, I can't remember if there's anything else hmm. I'm sure there is but I can't remember what!

I bought myself some spice packs from The Spicery which will actually make meals for both of us. I also ordered some sale boxes and they were delicious so a good idea if he likes curry. Ale always goes down well here but we bought a fair bit in the sale so I haven't got him any this year. Have suggested smart gloves to friend that wanted ideas for him.

wheredidiputit Wed 14-Nov-12 18:12:02

Nothing.

He just bought himself an I Pad mini and is refusing to allow me to wrap it up for christmas.

CosmicCelia Wed 14-Nov-12 22:22:44

Guess your DH is into computer games, Crafty?!

My DH likes anything made by Apple, but my budget is £50 - so not likely to buy much!

Hassled Wed 14-Nov-12 22:24:11

I have absolutely no idea. He's great at presents for me, and I'm completely crap with him and presents.

Gumby Wed 14-Nov-12 22:25:27

Harry potter complete set on blu ray
Dressing gown

everydayaschoolday Wed 14-Nov-12 22:40:51

As Crafty's DP likes Mario, my DH likes Hobgoblin ale!

Hobgoblin t-shirt, engraved beer glass, hobgoblin chutney, bottle of the ale
Rocha John Rocha leather wallet (half price, Debenhams)
Maine men's toiletries bag (Half price Debenhams)
New Bernard Cornwall novel hardback (was half price WHSmith)
Assassins Creed 3 game for PS3 (yet to buy) - on his wish list
Packet of chocolate eclairs
'Dad' socks (Matalan)
'Santa motif' boxer shorts (Matalan)

Kids getting him CK One aftershave - on his wish list
DM got him Clinique shave gel - on his wish list

vamosbebe Wed 14-Nov-12 22:45:39

A couple of books. He's not sure which ones he wants yet. I'm getting simple earrings, he hasn't bought them yet (plenty of time).

If I got my ass off mn had the time I'd make him a scarf.

I'll make a crazy Christmas card like I always do, just to see the childlike delight on his face blush otherwise we're keeping it very simple this year.

piprabbit Wed 14-Nov-12 22:46:29

A Poolmate watch so he can record his swimming training sessions.
A couple of bottles of proper beer.
Some chilli nuts.

The DCs will get him a book or two and some snacky treats.

JoyceDivision Wed 14-Nov-12 22:50:14

Last year dh bought me as a wellpicked suprise 2 skirts from Joules and a cardi from hobbs! And they are ver b=nice!

This year as redundancy looms we've agreed a £10 limit so we have to put the effort in grin

zandy Wed 14-Nov-12 22:56:23

Photoshop Elements 11. At his request. That's it so far.

everydayaschoolday Wed 14-Nov-12 22:57:10

I forgot his PJs and a Llint bar of Chilli Chocolate smile

2muchtimeonmyhands Wed 14-Nov-12 23:02:32

Bought him an ipad.
I'm dead excited as its a total surprise, he hasn't got a clue that I managed to save up for it as I can't save money at all and I'm terrible for dropping hints or forcing him to open things early.
But he has been great lately, he always goes without so I thought I'd treat him this year. Also getting him an xbox game and naturally novelty socks and boxers.

HappyTurquoise Wed 14-Nov-12 23:07:29

Just asked DH what he wants for Christmas. he said "You".

So that's sorted then. grin
Essence of HappyTurquoise - am sure I can think of a way to manage that!

2muchtimeonmyhands Wed 14-Nov-12 23:14:06

Awww Happy mr Turquoise sounds lovely.

Pollykitten Wed 14-Nov-12 23:18:31

was thinking of a posh digital camera, maye a cookery course, Matthew Bourne ballet tickets (already purchased), some clothes and maybe some pampering - he is a straight man, btw!!!

trumpton Wed 14-Nov-12 23:26:42

Restored dial telephone . 1960s black . Not a replica but a proper push the dial round one . He will probably use it at work for a while and then bring it home and it can sit by the computer looking odd !

starfishmummy Wed 14-Nov-12 23:37:58

Unless dh pulls his finger out and gets me a birthday present (it was last month) then he won't be getting anything.

Disappearing Wed 14-Nov-12 23:47:34

pants, a bike helmet, possibly a good kitchen knife, whisky, so essentials really grin

AudrinaAdare Wed 14-Nov-12 23:51:18

Also spices, some Lakeland Maple Syrup for Christmas bacon and just ordered this Star Wars Moleskin notebook spotted on the bargan thread. Half price and free fast delivery.

Oh, and a Man Tin for his Allen keys.

PigletJohn Thu 15-Nov-12 01:10:04

Not enough chocolate on here

how about a metre of jaffa cakes?

CosmicCelia Thu 15-Nov-12 14:27:19

Ooh, I like the Man Tin. I think that might make the final cut.

wavesandsneezes Thu 15-Nov-12 14:33:53

My DH loves his Man Tin smile This year he is getting a lovely warm dressing gown so he stops stealing mine as our house is chilly, a retro christmas jumper, and a book on special effects make up with some liquid latex and various make up bits and bobs (Huge hobby of his). Am also going to try to borrow a soldering iron and find some driftwood so that I can make him a personalised "man cave" sign for the garden shed. I looked at the prices online and they were shockingly high so having a go at the DIY route this year.

teacher123 Thu 15-Nov-12 14:39:04

I always buy DH a jumper for Christmas and a new diary. Other than that I have no idea...! The amazon browsing is about to begin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now