Talk

Advanced search

Help with gifts for the very elderly

(8 Posts)
Isla77 Wed 14-Nov-12 11:47:52

Can anyone suggest where I can buy knickers for my husbands very elderly Gran? She is in her 90's and won't want anything frilly or brief. The ones she has now I have never seen in the shops and she cannot remember where she bought them. They are full briefs and made of quite a thick cotton and not at all like the ones I see in M&S etc. which are thinner. I have also looked online with no joy. Thanks in advance for any advice.

LaLa07 Wed 14-Nov-12 12:19:49

You could try Damart but hold your breath, they are expensive.

girlywhirly Wed 14-Nov-12 13:09:46

You could try cloudsclothing.co.uk and chums.co.uk. They have the sort of pants elderly ladies like, some with a short 'leg'. I used to find pants on market stalls for my mum and her sister, although they liked a prettier full brief.

Isla77 Wed 14-Nov-12 14:06:37

Thank you. I will try those websites girlwhirly. Thanks LaLa07 - shocked at the price on Damart but may have to bite the bullet.

Isla77 Wed 14-Nov-12 14:22:14

girlwhirly - have just looked on the sites you mentioned and have found exactly what I was looking for at very reasonable prices. Have also seen a nightie I could get for her. Most of the ones in the shops are t-shirt style or otherwise unsuitable. Thanks again.
LaLa07 - thanks again - Damart prices are high but good quality but I think I will have to order from the cheaper site as times are hard this year with us. Thanks for your post.

girlywhirly Wed 14-Nov-12 14:29:00

Just a thought, if pants generally aren't as thick as the ones she has, could Gran wear thin ones with a pair of thermal ones over the top to keep her warm?

lilolilmanchester Wed 14-Nov-12 14:35:16

Could they be sloggis or are they even thicker? Matalan usually has the fuller Sloggis

Isla77 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:05:23

thanks girly and lilolil for your suggestions. I will have a look in Matalan too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now