Talk

Advanced search

Help with gifts for the very elderly

(8 Posts)
Isla77 Wed 14-Nov-12 11:47:52

Can anyone suggest where I can buy knickers for my husbands very elderly Gran? She is in her 90's and won't want anything frilly or brief. The ones she has now I have never seen in the shops and she cannot remember where she bought them. They are full briefs and made of quite a thick cotton and not at all like the ones I see in M&S etc. which are thinner. I have also looked online with no joy. Thanks in advance for any advice.

LaLa07 Wed 14-Nov-12 12:19:49

You could try Damart but hold your breath, they are expensive.

girlywhirly Wed 14-Nov-12 13:09:46

You could try cloudsclothing.co.uk and chums.co.uk. They have the sort of pants elderly ladies like, some with a short 'leg'. I used to find pants on market stalls for my mum and her sister, although they liked a prettier full brief.

Isla77 Wed 14-Nov-12 14:06:37

Thank you. I will try those websites girlwhirly. Thanks LaLa07 - shocked at the price on Damart but may have to bite the bullet.

Isla77 Wed 14-Nov-12 14:22:14

girlwhirly - have just looked on the sites you mentioned and have found exactly what I was looking for at very reasonable prices. Have also seen a nightie I could get for her. Most of the ones in the shops are t-shirt style or otherwise unsuitable. Thanks again.
LaLa07 - thanks again - Damart prices are high but good quality but I think I will have to order from the cheaper site as times are hard this year with us. Thanks for your post.

girlywhirly Wed 14-Nov-12 14:29:00

Just a thought, if pants generally aren't as thick as the ones she has, could Gran wear thin ones with a pair of thermal ones over the top to keep her warm?

lilolilmanchester Wed 14-Nov-12 14:35:16

Could they be sloggis or are they even thicker? Matalan usually has the fuller Sloggis

Isla77 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:05:23

thanks girly and lilolil for your suggestions. I will have a look in Matalan too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: