Talk

Advanced search

Buzz Lightyear

(8 Posts)
MrsMicawber Tue 13-Nov-12 18:02:52

My four year old son has repeatedly asked for one. Erm, fifty quid, or thereabouts, for an action figure? I'm reading reviews that say 'has really authentic wings..., so absolutely worth the hefty price tag'.

I'd spend that amount on something educational, or something he would get a lot of use out of, for example, I was happy to buy him a bike.

Is it worth disappointing him?

LynetteScavo Tue 13-Nov-12 18:05:28

Really authentic wings?

For £50 I would expect it to be able to fly to space and back.

Can't you get him a cheep little one and a bike?

poozlepants Tue 13-Nov-12 18:08:22

If you shop around you can usually get one for about £35 or less. DS got one 2 years ago and is still playing with it. The batteries have just run out and he asked me to replace them.

Kt8791 Tue 13-Nov-12 18:14:20

My Ds loves his! I bought his from argos last Christmas. Buzz and woody were in a set together for £37 I think. It was a bargain. Woody goes everywhere with ds2. I would shop around but I am sure your son will love it!

BeaLola Tue 13-Nov-12 18:15:40

Ours came from Disney Store (last year) when offer on & was £25.00 - fingers crossed someone has offer on for you - DS loves it .

Adviceinscotland Tue 13-Nov-12 18:15:58

Think ours was £30 from Disney store.

Worth every penny though as dd loves it (and woody)

MrsMicawber Tue 13-Nov-12 18:23:18

I would have thought even 35 is an awful lot. I suppose that is the going price, but is an action figure and the play he will get out from it, worth £35?

Zippylovesgeorge Tue 13-Nov-12 19:17:21

13 years ago my son then aged almost 4 asked for a Buzz for christmas - I think it cost about £40. It was worth the money and he played with it so much. We've still got it - he can't part with it even though he's now almost 17 - its the one thing he's saving for his own kids!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now