Talk

Advanced search

Am considering elf on the shelf but ....

(3 Posts)
2anddone Tue 13-Nov-12 15:00:10

Would it be overkill?
My dc are 4 and 7 and don't know how many years I may have left of believing from the eldest.
This year we are off to butlins to visit Santa and also I bought the dc lego advent calendars.
A tradition in our house since I was little is that tinkerbell visits the week before Christmas and leaves a gift and a shed load of glitter fairy dust if you are on the good list, we have continued this with our dc.
I keep reading about eots and really want to do it this year but do you think the dc will be overkilled on the run up to Christmas with all the bits and then not enjoy the actual day itself? Would love to hear opinions and also where I can find a nice cheap elf if I do go ahead with it! Tia

flyoverthegoldenhill Tue 13-Nov-12 15:10:37

No - I'm getting one - and my dcs have flown the nest grin
<waiting to see where to get one>

Mousefunk Tue 13-Nov-12 17:04:20

I want one but the actual eots is like £30 on both ebay and amazon.. I've tried to justify it because it will get used every year but the actual elf is a bit creepy imo so I was considering just buying an elf plush but even they go for upwards of £15 on ebay shock So might just grit my teeth and buy actual eots.

I don't think it would be overkill, no. It looks like such fun, i'm sure your DCs would love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now