Talk

Advanced search

Decorative but usable Christmas stockings - do they exist?

(13 Posts)
ProphetOfDoom Mon 12-Nov-12 21:27:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

poppy1973 Mon 12-Nov-12 21:31:28

46p in Tesco. They are plain red felt with white felt on top. I have suggested to the children that they can sew their own names and decorate nicely themselves to hang up on the fireplace for Father Christmas. The 46p size are enough to put a small orange, tube of sweets, a few small stocking toys, etc. in.

poohbearrules Mon 12-Nov-12 21:32:08

I just ordered three personalised ones off eBay. Think they were about £7 each. Just searched for Christmas stockings and loads came up (sorry don't know how to link!)

ScramblyEgg Mon 12-Nov-12 21:36:14

John Lewis have some nice ones here at different prices.

GLTC have some nice ones, I think they have a MN discount code.

ProphetOfDoom Mon 12-Nov-12 21:51:20

racingheart Mon 12-Nov-12 23:58:48

99p stores have velvet applique ones with father christmas or santa on. Big enough to put stocking fillers in, but bigger presents just spill out onto the floor beside them.

Scuttlebutter Tue 13-Nov-12 00:06:52

The emerald ones here link can be personalised with a name in gold thread and are very smart.

girlywhirly Tue 13-Nov-12 08:11:40

Look in TKMaxx. They have some really expensive looking ones for around 7.99, thick fabric and appliqued designs.

loubielou31 Tue 13-Nov-12 09:12:28

We have pretty stocking to hang up, big enough to get books or DVDs in along with all the sweets and the compulsory toothbrush and paste. Anything bigger goes by the side.
Garden Centres are often quite good places to look for nice decorative things too. I'm sure DDs stocking came from our local one when she was small. I still have the stocking I used as a child. It's definitely the smallest in our family. (mine doesn't get filled anymore it's just for decoration.)

ByTheWay1 Tue 13-Nov-12 09:16:14

big garden centres are packed with stuff like that at the moment... I love going round... but places like BHS also sell some lovely stockings with appliqué...

ProphetOfDoom Tue 13-Nov-12 12:57:49

DewDr0p Tue 13-Nov-12 14:22:47

you could try etsy?

We got ours from Next many moons ago. They are just about wide enough to fit a DVD in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now