Talk

Advanced search

Santa

(12 Posts)
Sexyfothermucker Mon 12-Nov-12 19:12:11

Hi. I was wondering at what age your dc stoppd believing in Santa?..

RightUpMyRue Mon 12-Nov-12 19:14:45

Approx 6.

'Helpful' older friend told her. I'm sure I could have kept the magic alive another couple of years.

PickledGerkin Mon 12-Nov-12 19:18:40

Reckon I am on my last year for Ds1 who is 9, Ds2 is 6 so we can keep it going for longer for him.

TheWoollybacksWife Mon 12-Nov-12 19:27:56

DD1 overheard a friend telling me about her Santa purchases and was absolutely devastated. She was 12 and in the second year at senior school. It had never occurred to me to disillusion her as I thought it happened naturally in the playground in primary school blush

DD2 asked me outright at about 10. Given my previous experience I fessed up straight away. The same conversation covered the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy grin

DS still believes and he's nearly 6. I reckon I've got a good couple of years yet. smile

Sexyfothermucker Mon 12-Nov-12 19:36:21

TheWoollyBacksWife my ds is 10 and people are telling me to tell him before he goes to high school in September. I don't want to burst his bubble but I also don't want his mates to laugh at him either sad
I also have a ds6 with a few years left for him smile

neverquitesure Mon 12-Nov-12 19:37:12

DSS is 9 and, like Pickled, I think this may be his last Christmas sad

Mind you, I nearly killed the Tooth Fairy for him recently when I asked a friend whether she had kept her (now grown up) DC's baby teeth. Fortunately he quickly piped up with "what do you mean, the Tooth Fairy takes them" before real damage was done. My parents never really did the Tooth Fairy, I just didn't think <wicked stepmum emoticon>. I've been worrying ever since that the seeds of doubt might now be planted...

neverquitesure Mon 12-Nov-12 19:39:35

Oh, incidentally DS who is 4 has been giving me a really hard time this year and it's only by lying through my teeth that I have managed to convince him that it is possible. He is most impressed that a wooden sleigh and a handful of reindeer can travel faster than the Eurofighter grin

TheWoollybacksWife Mon 12-Nov-12 19:40:35

I was absolutely mortified for her when she said that she had been talking about her list for Santa at school. Luckily her friends thought she was being ironic. grin

amck5700 Mon 12-Nov-12 19:42:37

12 and 11 year here that I know for definite believed last year - don't want to broach the subject this year so I am acting as if they know without mentioning Santa at all. They must know surely??

Sexyfothermucker Mon 12-Nov-12 19:47:14

I think sometimes they have a bit of an idea but just don't want ask for fear of finding out the truth sad
I wish they could stay small to be honest, it's so magical for them when they're little.

Mousefunk Mon 12-Nov-12 23:54:26

I was 12. It was Christmas time and the conversation came up at school, I said I still believed and was absolutely ridiculed.. So needless to say I stopped believing in that instant. BUT I still long for him to be real, honestly. I even hope there will be one present I know we didn't put there for DCs that's from Santa.. i'm a sad bastard .

DCs are too young to even know who Santa is but I only hope they believe for as long as I did or longer.

3bunnies Tue 13-Nov-12 09:49:06

I stopped believing when I was 4, my sister was 3yrs older, she had heard rumours, we agreed to stay awake and pretend to be asleep, she fell asleep, I stayed awake!

dd1 is nearly 8 and still believes, despite the rumours. I don't explicitly confirm or deny, when she asks I just say 'what do you think?'. Am sure when she finds out dd2 who is two years younger will too, might have a few more years for ds who is just 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now