Talk

Advanced search

Comprehensive/grammar - does your child give card/present to tutors?

(4 Posts)
Madmog Mon 12-Nov-12 14:22:14

I'm got the impression from a few parents that now my child is in comprehensive school, they don't bother with cards or presents. I just thought it would be nice to give a few favourite teachers a card and perhaps a box of biscuits/choccies for the staff room to show they are appreciated. What's the normal thing to do/not to do?

insanityscratching Mon 12-Nov-12 14:37:10

Dd used to buy a little token gift for her favourite teachers usually linked to their likes or what she knew about them. So she bought the eccentric art teacher a musical tie, the teacher who used to complain of the cold some hand warmers, and another teacher a notebook with a cover that reflected her interests. I'm sure they'd love biscuits for the staff room though.

LadyMaryChristmas Mon 12-Nov-12 14:39:41

Ds did in year 7 (and a tin of chocolates for the staff room). He was ill last year though so missed the end of term. I may send in a tin of chocolates again this year. Secondary school teachers don't seem to be as appreciated as primary school teachers.

Madmog Tue 13-Nov-12 14:29:29

Thanks for your replies. I know we don't get to meet many of the secondary school teachers, but just wanted to "thanks" and show them their efforts are appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now