Talk

Advanced search

iPod - what apps to pre load for Christmas morning for ds(9)

(14 Posts)
WeAllHaveWings Mon 12-Nov-12 13:34:57

Have got ds(9) an iPod Touch for Xmas. Want him to be able to play with it straight away on Christmas morning so I am going to (if I can work out how) pre load some apps and music for him. I am old a complete iPod/iPhone/iPad/apps virgin and know nothing!!!

My small list so far is:

Skylanders
Angry Birds
Dragon Vale
Cut the Rope
Othello

What fun apps do your 9 year old's love?

fuzzpig Mon 12-Nov-12 13:48:15

I dont have a 9yo but I like

Tiny wings
Anodia
Glow burst
Alphabetic
Marple
Doodle find
Monster soup
Tap the frog
Fly guy
iBrain
Where's wally
Frenzic
Monster flip
Meon
Doodle grub
Fling
Trainyard
Subway puzzle
Safari party
Glow puzzle
Flood it! 2
Peggle
Aqueduct
Action hero
Mexiball
Paracute
Lucky coins
Swipe tap tap pro

Those are ones I have on my iPhone but I assume they are available on an iPod touch too.

fuzzpig Mon 12-Nov-12 13:49:57

BTW some of the above are puzzles so really it depends on what he's into, but the descriptions on the App Store are normally pretty good so you should be able to get an idea whether he will like them.

WeAllHaveWings Mon 12-Nov-12 13:53:18

thanks fuzzpig I'll start working my way through the list smile

amazonianwoman Mon 12-Nov-12 14:36:57

Temple run and Bad Piggies

amazonianwoman Mon 12-Nov-12 14:37:37

Trainyard

crazygracieuk Mon 12-Nov-12 14:39:22

Tap The Frog
Tap Tap Revenge
Simpsons Tapped Out
Temple Run

seeker Mon 12-Nov-12 14:41:58

I wouldn't. Just give him an ITunes voucher and let him get on with it. Half the fun is choosing apps. Honestly!

whoneedstosleep Mon 12-Nov-12 15:29:27

Subway surfer & mega run - both free

Pic stitch & pic collage -free

fuzzpig Mon 12-Nov-12 16:02:37

Oh dear I can see me browsing the App Store again tonight grin

I8toys Mon 12-Nov-12 18:29:25

Not sure how much these cost but DS plays Fifa 13 and Minecraft. Skylanders game is a definite too!

seeker Mon 12-Nov-12 20:15:06

I've just checked with my kids. They both say that they would want to be the first one to take a new Apple product out of its box because the packaging is so lovely. And they would want to do the choosing of Apps.

WeAllHaveWings Tue 13-Nov-12 11:42:25

seeker very good point. I have enjoyed playing setting it up and he should be able to enjoy this too. I have been very careful and preserved the packaging so it doesn't look as if it has been opened at all (he won't notice).

<remembers being in bed as a child knowing my older brothers were downstairs playing with setting up my Xmas board game for the next day so it felt already used/not new when I opened it. Everyone always denied it but I heard them rolling the bloody dice all night and they all knew the game rules the next morning!>

I have deleted all the apps I spent 2 hours downloading yesterday setup the WiFi/email bits, setup an Apple ID, upgraded iOS and have already bought £50 worth of iTunes vouchers (double up with Tesco clubcard points). I will try out Facetime (so I know its setup and my niece can Facetime him on Xmas morning) and leave the apps to him.

I will recommended some of the above apps to him when he's browsing.

Does anyone know if there are likely to be problems downloading apps on Xmas morning due to traffic?

MunchMunch Tue 13-Nov-12 12:30:03

BMX its a game where you use your fingers to control the bmx to go up ramps and half pipes etc. My ds1 who is nearly 13 loves it as do dd (5) and ds2 who is 2.6y.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now