Talk

Advanced search

Any playmobil experts about to talk to me about the school?

(34 Posts)
Tobermory Mon 12-Nov-12 12:27:49

DD has her eye on the playmobile school this year. This is just fine by me as I too am a playmobil fan!

I see there are two schools - this lovely but very ££££ one compared with this almost bargainous but possibly not quite so sparkly one

Does anyone have experience of either? Can you tell me any differences and indeed if the large one is worth the extra?
I would also buy bigger but DH will take some convincing!

Piffpaffpoff Mon 12-Nov-12 12:33:03

Are they not the same but the Argos photo is just a bit crap? Either way, I'm off to reserve the Argos one for DD, been looking for a good deal on it for ages!

Tobermory Mon 12-Nov-12 12:34:31

Piffpaffpoff, I thought they were the same initially but no. Think the argos one is smaller thought not sure how much of a difference that makes.
3 for 2 in argos too till tomorrow....spend more money hmm

pictish Mon 12-Nov-12 12:35:27

They are the same product!

NormanTheForeman Mon 12-Nov-12 12:35:45

Hi, that is the same set, and I would say the Argos price is a complete bargain. At that price you could afford a couple of smaller accessory sets as well! smile

pictish Mon 12-Nov-12 12:36:26

If the second one is slightly smaller (and I inspected both, I'm convinced they are the same) - I'd go for the 2nd.

pictish Mon 12-Nov-12 12:38:22

They are different. The Argos one is a little smaller.
I'd definitely go for the Argos one, as imvho the bigger one is money wasted.

NormanTheForeman Mon 12-Nov-12 12:38:37

I'm positive they are the same set. Playmobil only make one school building (apart from the school gym, which is a lot smaller).

Piffpaffpoff Mon 12-Nov-12 12:39:07

Ah yes, I see from counting the holes on the side of the upper right floor confused there are only 4 on the Argos one and 6 on the Tesco one. Hmmm what to do? Think I'll sit and wait with you til a proper Playmobil expert comes along if that's ok?

NormanTheForeman Mon 12-Nov-12 12:42:59

This is really weird, the Argos set is different from the Tesco one (and slightly smaller). The Argos one isn't on the Playmobil website, I wonder if it's a set usually only sold in some other countries. It does look better value for what you get.

Tobermory Mon 12-Nov-12 12:43:10

piffpaff, counting holes, see I would never have thought of that.

I knew they were different...but is the bigger one worth another £50? possibly not im thinking.

Piffpaffpoff Mon 12-Nov-12 12:46:06

There's another one on the Argos site, set 4324 which is over £100. The £59.95 one is just referred to as school building, the more expensive one is referred to as furnished school building.

NormanTheForeman Mon 12-Nov-12 12:48:40

4324 is the set on the Tesco website. I have looked at set 5923 (the Argos one) on the PlaymoDB website now - it does come with furniture and people, but not as much as the larger set comes with.

pictish Mon 12-Nov-12 12:48:58

The Argos one comes with all the accessories as well.
Honestly to me it would be £50 for nothing.

Tobermory Mon 12-Nov-12 12:51:46

Heres the back of the 5923 box from an ebay listing.

So looks part-furnished, 6 chairs and a couple fo desks. How does that compare the the 'furnished' school?

Piffpaffpoff Mon 12-Nov-12 12:52:18

I am very skilled in 'spot the difference' techniques Tobermory!

Tobermory Mon 12-Nov-12 12:53:08

pictish, what do you mean £50 for nothing?

Piffpaffpoff Mon 12-Nov-12 12:53:14

Found this blurb on the Argos review bit, so it does come with some stuff.

Its 9am, time for school and the Playmobil children can't wait to start their lessons! With a Maths room, Science room, Art room and Music group, there's lots for them to explore and learn! The Playmobil School Building features tons of accessories including a fully functional blackboard and a bell to tell your students when its home time!The Playmobil School Building features your favourite lessons.The Maths room has a functional blackboard.The Science room contains a microscope, test tubes and a full-size skeleton.There's lots of activity in the Art room with painting and drawing.The music group can practice during break times.Comes with 10 Playmobil figure and over 60 accessories.One supplied.Size H40, W50, D15cm.Weight 3837g.For ages 4 years and over.WARNING(S):Not suitable for children under 3 years old.To be used under the direct supervision of an adult.

haggisaggis Mon 12-Nov-12 12:53:21

Small one missing the school toilets!! But apart from that looks almost teh same - although a wee bit smaller. We have the big one - but at more than twice the price I don't think it's worth it! Only caveat - dd finds it difficult to fit everything into the big one in order to play effectively with it - it's quite tight so quite often the classroom stuff spills onto the floor in front (no great problem) so I imaginhe this one would be the same.

Tobermory Mon 12-Nov-12 12:54:53

go on then piffpaff, prove it!

How many differences can you spot?

Piffpaffpoff Mon 12-Nov-12 12:56:06

Decision made here, I'm with Pictish on this one £60 vs £100 for something with more stuff (half of which that will just get lost) is a no brainer. Space is tight here too so a slightly smaller one is ideal.

NormanTheForeman Mon 12-Nov-12 12:56:09

This is the inventory for everything that comes in the Argos set. This is the inventory for the Tesco set.

Tobermory Mon 12-Nov-12 12:56:41

school toilets...hmmmm

We have one playmobil toilet, on the plane.....its quite popular!
Thanks haggisaggis

waterbabyabroad Mon 12-Nov-12 12:58:01

I checked out both models on Amazon yesterday. The cheaper model gets some pretty poor reviews on there. May be worth a read before you decide.

NormanTheForeman Mon 12-Nov-12 12:58:04

We have several Playmo toilets! I have one in my portakabin (and a separate portaloo! grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now