Talk

Advanced search

Realistic looking fake garlands?

(6 Posts)
PrunellaDeVille Mon 12-Nov-12 09:01:57

I would use sprigs of tree but this is a work thing and it has been stipulated it has to be reusable.
I'm looking for a big long garland - the type that goes along a mantelpiece.

Trouble is i'm reluctant to trawl the shops as i'm 37wks pg, and you really don't know what you're getting with internet ones - it depends so much on the skills of the photographer as to how realistic it looks online.

Anyone with knowledge? please help thanks(limited budget too sadly)

girlywhirly Mon 12-Nov-12 10:41:11

Are you near a B&Q? They have artificial fir 9FT garlands, undecorated for a fiver each. You could combine two to make one thicker garland, and decorate as you wished. By the time it's loaded with embellishments, no-one will notice the garland itself.

PrunellaDeVille Mon 12-Nov-12 10:58:36

really - as simple as B&Q? that'd be great, good price too.
thanks

spottymoo Mon 12-Nov-12 11:30:38

Glad you posted this I've been looking this morning ill pop to b&q this afternoon to see what their like grin

DharmaBumpkin Mon 12-Nov-12 12:10:52

I've just ordered these - more expensive but I think better looking.

girlywhirly Mon 12-Nov-12 15:20:54

I agree Dharma, but Prunella is on a budget and says it's a work thing in her OP. TBH, they don't look their best when they've been squashed in boxes and recently unpacked, but the very realistic ones are all pricey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now