Talk

Advanced search

What to get 9.5month dd for Christmas

(13 Posts)
melliebobs Sun 11-Nov-12 20:09:49

This may have been done before but I've not seen It anywhere. But dd will be 9.5 month at Christmas. I've no intention of going OTT with presents as frankly I don't see the point, But I'd like to get her something. It doesn't have to be anything particularly sentimental cos we are going to get her a decoration for our tree that's hers. So is there any kind of toy that would be good for this age group?!

I really am stumped. She doesn't lie on her front. She doesn't crawl. She can't stand! Lol she's very good at siting there though. She has a jumperoo and were saving a wheeliebug for her 1st birthday. So what could I get. Ideas please!

attheendoftheday Sun 11-Nov-12 21:16:11

At that age my dd liked stacking cups, blocks and chunky farm animals. But it won't be long until she's on her feet so you could try a walker, our vtech one let's you take the top part with the buttons off so dd could play with it when she was sitting.

ChaosTrulyReigns Sun 11-Nov-12 21:17:26

The Tomy eggs are excellent.

attheendoftheday Sun 11-Nov-12 21:22:02

I had another thought, baby musical instruments (little shakers and bells and things) were very popular with ed about that age too.

SamsGoldilocks Sun 11-Nov-12 21:25:41

I was going to say just wrap up a toy you already have that she doesn't play with, and then I remembered that I bought my dd a handmade silver bracelet for her first birthday - I wanted to honour and remember the time as being significant but knew whatever gift she had wasn't really necessary.

cravingcake Sun 11-Nov-12 21:40:24

A box filled with balloons? It is cheap & fun. U can 'throw' them to her and she should enjoy watching them bounce/float.

mumnosbest Sun 11-Nov-12 22:13:11

My dd is 9.5 now. She loves all things mickey mouse, her wooden bricks, bath toys, keyboard, beads on wire thingy, any of my bracelets, tambourine and maracas. She also has a little plastic car from matalan with a round bead filled cetre that comes out to shake.sounds like she has loads of toys but most of these are/were dd1 or ds's that she has pinched shares smile

mumnosbest Sun 11-Nov-12 22:14:35

Balloons are fab untill 1 pops then they cry whenever they see one (ime)

sleepdodger Sun 11-Nov-12 22:17:09

A bank account and if anyone asks then say you're opening a bank account and will put money in there- we did this and several relatives got the hint were v generous and followed suit!
Otherwise new shoes, Clare's vouchers etc, buys something 'proper' but practical and doesn't take up space!
My ds was same age last year
He loved the ribbons most
He got v overwhelmed v quickley with day and tbh noone had gone overboard yet we were still opening gifts at rate or one a day for a few weeks blush

ceeveebee Sun 11-Nov-12 22:38:32

We've bought an activity cube for our DSs 1st birthday (he really seems to love this type of thing at playgroups) and we thought it could be put on the floor or on a little table when he gets more confident with standing

www.mamasandpapas.com/product-eastcoast-new-activity-cube/800192800/type-i/

His twin sister will be having a little rocking horse, and hopefully they'll share!

melliebobs Sun 11-Nov-12 22:44:12

Omg they are all fantastic ideas and seem so obvious now it's mentioned! Love the balloon idea but with out dog it's a no go. He's bonkers as it is without adding balloons too the mix.

But baby instruments sound good and blocks too. Right now you've got me thinking properly I'll investigate some more

ChristmasCountdown Sun 11-Nov-12 22:52:32

DS loved the learn and groove table (you can use it without the legs until they can stand), ditto the vtech walker.

shoppingbagsundereyes Mon 12-Nov-12 09:48:40

Mog soft toy and book or tiger who came to tea toy and book. John Lewis is selling them and they are beautiful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now