Talk

Advanced search

Stocking for Husband?

(22 Posts)
Bertrude Sun 11-Nov-12 10:32:29

I came up with the wonderfully original idea of making the husband a stocking for Christmas instead of a big pressie, because I bought him a watch in the summer sales and that is his actual present and he's been a wanker recently so he doesn't deserve much and now I'm struggling!

I can't for the life of me remember what should be in a stocking. I want it to be relatively cheap as he's had his proper present and so far he has:
- a pair of pants
- a pair of socks (which I just mistyped and wrote cocks)
- an Angry Birds Knex set
- a pair of cufflinks (cheapy ones)
- chocolate coins if I can find some

I will get a lump of coal if I can find one, if not then a lump of BBQ charcoal will do on account of the wankerishness

What else should be in a stocking? He's bald so hairwashy/comb type stuff is out. It just seems so, well, crappy. I want it to be as good as stockings were 'when I were a lass' and be fun, but I'm completely stumped.

Help!

WeakCough Sun 11-Nov-12 10:34:39

A chocolate orange
A new toothbrush
A bookmark?
TBH I just buy the presents I buy and then cram the smallest ones into the stocking.

GeordieCherry Sun 11-Nov-12 10:50:57

We always got an apple. Sadly always red, yuck. And a satsuma. And choccy coins. Other wee gifts wrapped up too, but these 3 were the without fails

insanityscratching Sun 11-Nov-12 10:57:18

Book, cd/dvd, a whoopee cushion, novelty keyring, miniature whisky, a head torch, mug, gloves, retro sweets. Here it's whatever fits tbh.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Sun 11-Nov-12 10:59:17

Chocolate coins
Toothbrush
Fruit
Whiskey minatures?
Rubix cube
Nice pen if he uses them

mameulah Sun 11-Nov-12 11:10:59

I go to Home Bargains and buy bits and pieces of smaller stuff. Also, if he is into cooking you can get a make your own sausages kit in Lakeland. Actually there are a lot of bits and pieces of good stuff in Lakeland.

VoldemortsNipple Sun 11-Nov-12 11:27:31

I go for something along the lines of

Something to eat
Something to read
Something useful
Something to wear
Something funny
Something fun
you have already covered most of these with what you picked up already. I think you should buy him a hat to keep his noggin warm. If he doesn't read much buy him a magazine from a hobby or intrest.

fuzzpig Sun 11-Nov-12 12:24:41

As well as stuff listed already I'm getting some American sweets from the ye olde sweet shop place in town,

Some sweatbands

An edible massage bar from Lush wink

Bertrude Mon 12-Nov-12 04:13:08

Cheers for the ideas! Can't believe I didn't think of including booze in it bad wife

I might get him some pledge for his head too. That'd do as my something funny.

Make your own sausage kit - that sounds interesting! Shall hunt for that this weekend

Thanks all!

Tinkerisdead Mon 12-Nov-12 04:19:28

Do you have an open fire/wood burner as last year i got dh some magic powder that changed the colour of the fire which was fun.

If he has an igadget some touchscreen gloves (they sell them in poundland) lets you use your iphone whilst wearing gloves still.

Not sure how much of a wanker he's been but if hecstill deserves something nice a voucher for a proper shave at a local barbers.

Cufflinks (amazon do engraved/boxed/delivered for 9.99)

Thedoctorswife do you have a link for that magic powder please? My dh would love that.

Iwantoneofthose.com have some good stuff.

ethelb Mon 12-Nov-12 09:38:12

I've got my DP

Tangerine marmalade
V posh chocolate
Hot water bottle cover (hm)
'recycled' book wink
socks (going to get ted baker ones at TK maxx)
pants (going to get calvins at TK Maxx)
swiss knife credit card I got as a freebie from work

He is getting a hm pair of pajamas as his main pressie.

Forgot to say for my dh's stocking so far, I've got:
Big box of jelly babies
Socks
Hair trimmer thing
2 cds
3 dvds
a mug for work
Tony Hancock t-shirt

Still got to get main presents including an xbox 360.

Tinkerisdead Mon 12-Nov-12 10:36:27

Mystical fire here: google shows other places you can get it cheaper but that may be a single sachet. I got the pack of three as dd wanted to see daddy change the fire again and again!

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003B8KFGM

Thanks, just ordered one smile

Isla77 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:50:15

This year I am spending less on stockings as times are hard but in my DH's stocking there will be a DVD, some posh coffee, small bottle of wine, bag of nuts and a very large bar of chocolate. In other words a DVD and things to eat and drink whilst watching the film.

Isla77 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:52:15

Just to say he will have presents under the tree as well but cutting down on the stockings as we have to cut back a bit this year.

Mousefunk Thu 15-Nov-12 00:23:38

I like the lump of coal idea, I might just get my DH that this year.

MarymOOmO Thu 15-Nov-12 09:50:58

Good idea with the stocking - we are a little skint this year and did the whole choc socks and smellies idea to fill up. got a nice leather wallet gift set from www.jinsted.co.uk they were giving away the gift box for free but unsure if that is still on or not but £4.99 was really good. 3 for 2 at boots for smellies

Tinkerisdead Thu 15-Nov-12 21:12:13

for those who'd like to give coal

TheReturnOfBridezilla Thu 15-Nov-12 21:21:17

Sex toys (just your typical Durex Play range, nothing frightening!), unusual food items, gadgety-type stuff from Firebox.com or similar. I think you've got it pretty much covered tbh.

TheReturnOfBridezilla Thu 15-Nov-12 21:23:15

Love the coal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now