Talk

Advanced search

Leapfrog tag??

(5 Posts)
mummy1986 Sun 11-Nov-12 09:29:37

Has anyone got or are buying a leapfrog tag for their dc's at christmas?
Are they any good?
My dd has started school this sept and wondered if it would help with her reading.
TIA

kiwidreamer Sun 11-Nov-12 16:11:09

My DS got one for Xmas last yr at 3.5yrs, he liked it but not overly bothered, never asked for it but would play with it if I pulled it out on a Sunday afternoon. Since starting school in Sept he has become more interested in it, I don't think it will teach him to read but he's very interested in letters etc now and it is much more relevant.

DS uses his in the mornings if he wakes up after 6.30am but before 7am, which is the get up time rule in our house, its quiet time in his room and he enjoys it.

He also really likes the Map you can get for the TAG too.

schmoz Sun 11-Nov-12 21:20:05

DD got one a couple of years ago and used it quite a but, especially last year in reception at when she was first learning to read. She's now just hit the stage where she likes reading proper books to herself and I think it's gone by the wayside, although I was considering getting her the solar system pack.

simpson Sun 11-Nov-12 21:21:58

DD is in reception and loves hers...

It means I get 5 mins peace and don't need to read to her constantly!!!

Worth it's weight in gold!!!

mummy1986 Sun 11-Nov-12 21:25:09

My dsis is getting her one didnt want it to be a waste of money but il ask her to get it now iv checked! Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now