Talk

Advanced search

family gifts? gifts for couples?

(12 Posts)
whatatwat Sat 10-Nov-12 21:09:54

instead of buying a present for each member of families we dont see often, we were thinking of getting a family gift, a game or something. anyone have any idea on family or couples gifts?

babesdontlie Sun 11-Nov-12 09:34:27

For extended family we don't see often I get a really nice gift bag then put in one bottle each red and white wine, some fancy biscuits and fancy chocolates.

Toughasoldboots Sun 11-Nov-12 09:35:57

I give cinema tickets as I just can't face shopping for one side of the family- lots of children of different ages. So I buy cinema vouchers and popcorn/sweets.

BardOfBarking Sun 11-Nov-12 09:38:27

I gave a 6 month subscription to Love Film for one family.

Bearandcub Sun 11-Nov-12 09:49:06

Magazine subscriptions, home-made hamper, cinema tickets, sweetbox, wii/PS/Xbox family games, classic board games (monopoly, trivial pursuit,etc), book vouchers, garden games (boules/rounders sets), birdbox with camera, baking equipment and ingredients packs (pies, bread, cupcakes) plus recipe and homemade order cards.

Tinkerisdead Sun 11-Nov-12 09:51:02

I have to do this a lot:
Love film subscription
Cinema night box, get a dvd, popcorn, share bags if sweets, make pretend tickets for the film if they have kids, cardboard icecream bowls with those cinema plastic spoons.
Pizza night box, pizza dough, pizza stone or tray, pizza cutter, recipe book.
This year i'm doing icecream sundae box, sundae glasses n spoons, sundae recipe book, various sprinkles etc in little bags within the glasses.

Where did you get your sundae glasses? Have been wanting to do this for several years and never remember to buy the sundae glasses during the summer!

In the past we've done:
board game and box of biscuits plus 'posh' hot choc and marshmallows;

biscuit tin and lots and lots of different biscuits;

couple of jars (or indeed even a big box) filled with lots of little bags of old fashioned sweets;

DVDs and popcorn;

Terracotta baking dish thing, tortilla chips, salsas etc for nachos.

This year I thought I might get lidded dishes for baking Camembert in (but where from?) with olive oil, mini bottle of white wine, some smoked garlic etc.

mysteryfairy Sun 11-Nov-12 16:45:09

Lakeland do pots expressly for baking cheese. About £15. Is that a terrible waste of money?

Tinkerisdead Sun 11-Nov-12 17:15:51

Sundae glasses on amazon.

15 squid sounds a lot of money. Will try and find cheaper ones, or they won't be getting them!

Will look on Amazon for glasses, thanks.

bluejeans Mon 12-Nov-12 22:00:28

Sainsbury's have the camembert dishes on offer at the moment for £5.99 I think. They are red ones, come with a jar of cheapo looking onion chutney you could always remove! In with all their Christmas sets. They also have cheese domes, cake stands etc on offer

suebfg Mon 12-Nov-12 22:03:16

The Murder Mystery games are great for couples who enjoy dinner parties

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now