Talk

Advanced search

Is the Coca cola truck doing the rounds this year?

(6 Posts)
Grockle Sat 10-Nov-12 20:33:16

We drove past one last year & it was amazing... If they are doing it again this year, I'd like to take DS. I can't find any info on their website.

Dawnywoo Sat 10-Nov-12 20:37:15

Certainly is.

Here you go blog.cokezone.co.uk/christmas/truck-tour/

Grockle Sat 10-Nov-12 21:05:09

Yay, thank you. A couple of people have now said it's quite disappointing. It's near us at 1pm on a school day - how long do they stay in one place?

neddle Sat 10-Nov-12 21:25:35

Last year, I made dh and the 4 kids (ds3 was about 3 weeks old) trek about 10 miles to where the truck was. We queued up to get a small (150ml?) can of coke each.

That was it. Very disappointing and we ended up taking the dcs to McDonalds to make up for it hmm

Grockle Sat 10-Nov-12 21:32:22

Oh, I shan't bother then. I think it is the lights that is really impressive - and seeing it trundle along on the dual carriageway was lovely.

musicposy Sun 11-Nov-12 01:15:12

We thought it was very disappointing. Went 10 miles with DD2, queued for about an hour even though we got there really early. Nothing really happened at all. You could take a photo of your DC by the truck and they gave you a miniscule can of coke. That was it. We managed to sneak a look inside the truck from round the back and it was just a half empty lorry with a few coke cans in it. Not sure what we expected but won't bother again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now