Talk

Advanced search

Lego or Playmobil advent calendars

(9 Posts)
ProphetOfDoom Sat 10-Nov-12 14:05:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I let my ds7 choose his own, he's gone for the Lego City one this year. Last year he had the Star Wars one. For him, it adds to his Lego collection so he uses the pieces everytime he plays.

We bought a Woodland Playmobil one 4 years ago, and we stlll open it every year, and put it all back carefully after Christmas!

He's not really a playmobil kid, but they have more parts and are better value for money. The parts can be quite small and fiddly though.

Arithmeticulous Sat 10-Nov-12 20:10:24

Amazon have them down to £14-15 at the mo. I have bought Playmobil for this year for the first time.

5Foot5 Sat 10-Nov-12 20:48:53

We had two Playmobil calendars and we had several years use from them as they can easily be put away again after Christmas. They make a really nice decoration as well as being fun to open.

ouryve Sat 10-Nov-12 20:50:01

DS1's birthday is December 1st, so he always gets a lego city advent calendar amongst his presents.

He's a bit lego obsessed.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 10-Nov-12 20:51:50

Well ds1 (7) has chosen Playmobil and ds2 (4) has chosen Lego city so I'll report back after Christmas!

They don't usually have expensive advent calendars, but their Christmas lists are surprisingly short and inexpensive this year, so it all evens out in the end!

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 10-Nov-12 20:59:08

Lego Star Wars for us. The dses are 8 and 10 so I think this will be the last year for themsad

I do love them though, I now they are expensive but they are fun.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sun 11-Nov-12 00:47:02

I bought a Lego start wars one for ds last year and half the bags were left unopened until I opened and built the contents months later! He just wanted the mini figures hmm.

I Ds had a PM one a few years ago but all cardboard got damaged in a water leak. I replaced it, not realising that I was replacing it with the newer version that's not as easy to pack up and re-use year after year! So, this year, I have bought the old version (new) for £11 off eBay.

I did have an idea a few weeks ago to make my own lego calendar. I bought a Lego book thinking it'd be full of ideas to make small models with simple instructions and I could go off to the Lego shop and fill one of their pick'n'mix pots with the exact bits I'd need but it all looked far too complicated and would have taken me a ridiculous amount of time to organise and I just don't have the time or patience to do it blush.

EldonAve Sun 11-Nov-12 01:10:47

playmobil
we dont' repack and put away though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now