Talk

Advanced search

Doll's houses - advice please..

(14 Posts)
sw11mumofone Sat 10-Nov-12 11:19:49

Hi
I would like to buy my daughter a dolls house for xmas. She is 2.5 years, but I would like to buy a good sized dolls house that will last her for years and that she will still hopefully have interest in when she's 5/6/7 years old.

Can anyone recommend a good quality, durable dolls house please? Have had a look online but very difficult to gauge the difference between them all.

Thanks very much in advance.

SavoyCabbage Sat 10-Nov-12 11:32:58

One of those wooden ones I suppose. Like Plan. I had one with open sides that was from letterbox. The people are bendy.

I wouldn't do it that way though. I would get a Happyland one and then when she's 5 or 6 get a sylvannian one or playmobil or lundby. My oldest dd is nine next week and is still playing with sylvannian stuff but she was about 7 before she was old enough for it.

sw11mumofone Sat 10-Nov-12 12:49:16

Thanks very much for your reply - thats really helpful advice.

Spoiltexpatbrat Sat 10-Nov-12 13:02:40

Dd is 2.9 and we just ordered her the one from the great little trading company. Mnetters get 15% off.
Be carefull though, we went to by the house and all the furniture as a set as it had a package deal on. However it worked out cheaper buying it as separates and using the discount code

Loolah Sat 10-Nov-12 13:03:23

My DD had the ELC one from about 3 yrs she has loved it and also added extras over the years e.g camper van garden furniture and farm she is now 8 and its still going strong. DD2 (3) has just started taking an interest in it smile

Spoiltexpatbrat Sat 10-Nov-12 13:04:46

this one

bangersmashandbeans Sat 10-Nov-12 13:11:09

Asda do a lovely pink wooden one which my DD 2.8 loves.

izzywizzyisbizzy Sat 10-Nov-12 13:20:44

sainsburys have a lovely one for half price at the moment, we have the ELC mansion, if you want that watch for it half price because it is always half price at some point. Also re the mansion, make sure you have had a long think about where it is going.

The Asda one is also lovely.

Bonsoir Sat 10-Nov-12 13:23:42

My DD has this dolls house. It is one of the very best designs on the market. You can order it online and it will arrive flat packed - I needed to get my handyman in to put it up. It is 1:10 scale and you will need to purchase furniture from the same company.

sw11mumofone Sat 10-Nov-12 13:38:36

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I have so much choice now I don't know which one to go for!!!

Izzy - do you know what the dimensions of the elc mansion are by any chance I can't seem to find those details on the ELC website or amazon...thanks.

Going to go and browse them all again now and have a think!

SissySparkles Sat 10-Nov-12 13:54:21

I have a Le Toy Van one, it's similar to the ELC one. I bought it 2nd hand and it's still going strong 3 years later. I would definitely recommend it. It's beautiful and is the one large toy I don't mind having in the house, because it's so nice to look at.

We're going to replace the wooden furniture with some playmobil or sylvanian furniture soon, so it will grow with her.

izzywizzyisbizzy Mon 12-Nov-12 08:22:43

dolls house

I knew this would come up on groupon it does every christmas

This is through my groupon, otherwise, you can look at local deals cardiff

insanityscratching Mon 12-Nov-12 11:15:28

Dd has the older version of this house which was her older sisters and so is 16 years old now. It has been played with for hours and hours by both of them and their friends and is still as good as new. It has been worth every penny and when it's finished with we'll put it away for future potential grandchildren.

Cinders22 Mon 12-Nov-12 11:26:26

I would recommend this elc one www.elc.co.uk/Rosebud-Dolls%27-House/130143,default,pd.html We bought it for DD when she was 2 and she still plays with it every day. Be careful when buying the rooms though, all the rooms they sell do not fit into the house - for example we have the bathroom, lounge, bedroom and dining room and it is full. Also there are a few small items which I have put away and will give back to DD in the next year or so when she is less likely to lose them.

Also there is £20 off at the moment and if you look on the Christmas thread there are some 25% off vouchers codes too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now