Talk

Advanced search

My Christmas will be quite surreal this year...

(10 Posts)
MrsHelsBels74 Sat 10-Nov-12 08:47:54

Both my parents will be here, which sounds fairly normal, except that my dad's second wife will be here too. The divorce was over 20 years ago & very acrimonious. They have been more civil since DS1 arrived but I never foresaw them spending Christmas together.

It's like I've walked into a parallel universe!

tschiffely Sat 10-Nov-12 09:30:06

Wow, hels, that's going to make for an interesting day. We will obviously demand a full run down of the days events grin.

Popumpkin Sat 10-Nov-12 09:35:17

Sounds exciting grin. Hopefully, everything will be marvellous & everyone will get on beautifully.

I would make sure you have plenty of alcohol in the house just in case you need to retreat to the shed with a bottle though grin.

tschiffely Sat 10-Nov-12 09:43:03

In which case, Hels will need to check out in advance internet coverage from the shed grin.

lljkk Sat 10-Nov-12 09:46:50

Lots of Sherry, methinks, that's the only way you'll get thru it.

lljkk Sat 10-Nov-12 09:49:56

Oh and yes, do give us updates on the day itself.

scaevola Sat 10-Nov-12 09:51:28

At Christmas, surely a supply of Snowballs would be more festive?

MrsHelsBels74 Sun 11-Nov-12 16:10:14

My DH is being a spoilsport, he reckons we shouldn't have too much booze in the house in case anything kicks off...

Arithmeticulous Sun 11-Nov-12 16:35:00

You need a two tier alcohol system. Enough for you and your DH to get through, but hidden in the garage/airing cupboard; and then a lower alcohol content/quantity in the kitchen.

motherinferior Sun 11-Nov-12 16:36:32

I recommend orange juice, with copious quantities of gin sneaked into yours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now