Talk

Advanced search

'Things to do ' advent calendar....

(10 Posts)
4lovelychildren Sat 10-Nov-12 06:53:28

Last year we had a felt advent calendar with little figures but I also put a piece of paper in each pocket with something Chrismassy to do. Why oh why I didn't but I didn't write down any of the things we did last year so now can remember many!! Can anybody help and does anybody else do this....... My DC loved it!

Rockchick1984 Sat 10-Nov-12 10:24:14

Never done it, but sounds lovely and if you remember them I'd love it if you could post them so I can steal them!! smile

4lovelychildren Sat 10-Nov-12 13:56:49

Ones i've remembered:

Make gingerbread house,
Write Christmas cards to school friends,
Go to Panto,
Son's birthday - so Christmas paused on that day!
Put up decorations,
Make snowflakes,
Steal away!!

iMe Sat 10-Nov-12 16:34:53

Drink hot choc in front of the fire.
Read Christmas story.
Do some Christmas baking.
Watch Christmas DVD.
Go for forest walk to collect fir cones & Holly leaves to decorate the house.
Make wreath or tree decorations.
Go visit lonely elderly friend/relative with a simple gift.
Make reindeer food.

iMe Sat 10-Nov-12 16:35:55

Go visit Santa
Go to garden centre for each child to choose new tree decoration.

4lovelychildren Sat 10-Nov-12 17:49:42

Loving the ideas iMe, thanks. Have been and bought Christmassy cookie cutters today. Need to get out craft book to look for more Christmassy craft. Another is open 'Christmas box' which has all the Christmas books and DVDs which lives in the loft for the rest of the year.....

cheesesarnie Sat 10-Nov-12 17:54:14

sounds lovely!!!

4lovelychildren Sat 10-Nov-12 17:56:03

I love it cheesesarnie and last year even my then 11 year old was excited each day!
Write to Father Christmas.

cheesesarnie Sat 10-Nov-12 17:59:38

ds2 birthday is the 19th and usually we don't start anything christmassy till the 20th but this year has gone all pete tong so maybe we'll change tradition and do this! if ds agrees ofcourse!

4lovelychildren Sat 10-Nov-12 18:08:46

My DS'S is on the 17th so don't decorate the house until after and otherwise I'm fed up with it all ages before NY but do lots of build up! It was an idea I got on here along with Christmas eve pjs and a book after we get back from the panto. Getting so excited now lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now