Talk

Advanced search

What to buy for 11 year old girls?

(15 Posts)
Dancergirl Fri 09-Nov-12 13:56:42

I'm really stuck what to buy for 11 year old dd. The only thing she would quite like is a Hollister hoodie which I'll get but would like to get her a couple of other things.

I'm getting dd2 (nearly 10) an iPod this year and dd3 (5) I'm getting bits and pieces, dolls, dressing up, huggle buddy etc... So I need a few ideas for dd1! Thanks.

crazygracieuk Fri 09-Nov-12 13:59:01

I have an 11 year old son.
He's getting a blackberry 10.50 a month so he can BBM with his mates.
He'll also get some books, a Hawkins Bazaar stocking and maybe some pjs.

Dancergirl Fri 09-Nov-12 14:00:00

She's got a cheapie phone which does the job!

hoolahoolagirl Fri 09-Nov-12 14:06:36

I am getting my 11 yr old dd an iPod touch this year. It's starting to get very tricky to buy Xmas/ bday presents as everything they want it either clothes or electronic!!! sad

FireOverBabylon Fri 09-Nov-12 14:15:06

Does your DD have any interests? What sort of films does she like? Would she do crafts / does she prefer to visit places - museums etc?

amck5700 Fri 09-Nov-12 14:17:51

I have boys of 11 & 12 so it's not quite the same - they have various bit of technology on their lists such as PSvita/Tablet/HD computer screen/Graphics Tablet as well as a Gaming mouse and keyboard - they also have books on the lists and one wants windows 7 or 8. There are various computer games listed but eldest wants a Technical drawing board as his main present together with loads of art or graphics stuff. I would like to point out that they are not getting ALL of this, thats what is on the list!

Would art things be a possibility? Or, don't know your thoughts on it, but maybe a really nice grown up make-up set or dressing table stuff/hairdryer/straighteners? Maybe a makeover experience with photos - I am really not good at girls things!! I have an 11 year old to buy for and I was thinking a onesie and some chocolate.

AudrinaAdare Fri 09-Nov-12 14:20:00

DD (12) just wants vouchers but I have got a few bits to open on the day. Body Shop mineral make up and brush, Hollister t-shirt and Lipsy bag from eBay and a Starbucks £10 gift card for when she's shopping.

She is getting two DVDs which totally sum up the in-between stage she is at: The Others and the new Barbie one grin

I couldn't think of any more main presents either.

crazygracieuk Fri 09-Nov-12 14:21:35

My 9 year old will get a Claire's voucher in her stocking and spend hours deliberating what to buy.

Does she like music? Headphones?

ProbablyJustGas Fri 09-Nov-12 15:03:36

We are getting my 10 year-old niece some CDs and 10 year-old step-niece a handbag. Will probably top out the handbag with some lip glosses or maybe a bookstore voucher. The Starbucks gift cards sound like a good shout too, though. smile

spottymoo Fri 09-Nov-12 15:28:19

Dd is 10 1/2 and we've got her a
jack wills jumper
Jack wills headphones
Kindle
Furby
Make your own charm bracelets (John Lewis)
Body Warmer
Tatty teddy
I've made a basket up with a new mug mini marshmallows hot chocolate sachets
Lush stuff
Umbrella

She's been a nightmare this year to buy for being at the in between age

mysteryfairy Fri 09-Nov-12 22:24:46

My DD is ten but turns 11 at the beginning of January. She has two older brothers with birthdays right on top of Xmas too (v poor family planning) and all have been told they can have a big item of their choosing for their birthdays - she has asked for iPad mini - and Christmas will just be a collection of smaller bits.

For DD I have
Jack wills coat
Jack Wills tshirt
Hollister top
Abercrombie trackies (kids section as though she can wear a ladies size 8/extra small top trousers are too long)
Paul Frank bag
Emu sheepskin boots
High top trainers - Osiris?
Primark ballet pumps
Primark leopard print fleecy onesie (she'll probably love this most and it was about £8 I think)
I intend to buy a few books e.g. there is apparently yet another Jacqueline Wilson she hasn't read, she likes Cathy Cassidy and I think there are a couple of these I can get. She will also probably get Now 100 and whatever the count is upto cd

She also has a stocking with lots of little bits in. I know when I did an audit last week after buying through the year I definitely had a stocking full but can't remember what there is.

I need to think of a toy or too but don't intend to buy a whole lot more.

picturesinthefirelight Fri 09-Nov-12 22:30:52

Goodness knows. Dd has just turned 11 had her birthday last month and asked for money!

She already has an iPod touch (except she has lost it)land a very basic phone - she's not getting a smartphone as she never knows where it us and the touch shows she's not ready

So far I have bought her a make up set for her to use in her dance/musical theatre shows. I have no idea what else to get her. I'll probably get something from Pineapple - she's not into hol lister or those sort of brands yet.

ByTheWay1 Sat 10-Nov-12 10:03:43

ANYTHING from paperchase..
Hightops
"fancy" pyjamas

that is my DD age 11 Xmas list..

Madmog Sat 10-Nov-12 11:13:44

I've got the same problem - all mine has asked for is books. She still has £85 from her birthday in August and just doesn't want anything. Ideas for extras are slipper socks, books, body spray, earrings if she has her ears pierced, oh and chocolate is a must!

CaipirinhasAllRound Sat 10-Nov-12 15:26:30

I got our 11 year old niece a watch from here last year
www.breo.com
and I second paperchase

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now