Talk

Advanced search

None Chocolate advent calendar?

(13 Posts)
Kethryveris Fri 09-Nov-12 11:25:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SavoyCabbage Fri 09-Nov-12 11:27:17

Yes. Phoenix Cards. I get one every year.

anklebitersmum Fri 09-Nov-12 11:29:48

try this one and put what you like in it? grin

itonlyhappenedonce Fri 09-Nov-12 21:05:30

Smiths had a couple of traditional calenders with just pictures. You might think they are boring though. I mainly noticed them for the price (high like most things in Smiths), didn't look too closely as we have a small mountain of advent paraphenalia thx to DM.

bagpuss Fri 09-Nov-12 21:09:52

John Lewis .com had a lovely Quentin Blake illustrated one on their website. I was quite tempted by it but I doubt my older dcs would be impressed by the lack of chocolate sad. It was about £5 I think.

dementedma Fri 09-Nov-12 21:30:56

Christian shops have them

BettySuarez Fri 09-Nov-12 21:43:45

Google The Pod Company, they are an online gift shop and have a nice selection.

Caroline Gardner did a good selection last year but not so good this year.

I much prefer the traditional ones too smile

anja1cam Fri 09-Nov-12 21:55:38

Get one to fill yourself and reuse year after year / make your own? There are instructions for some nice ones on http://www.allaboutyou.com/ - Last year I got a mixed bag of lego people off ebay and put together 24 little parcels and it's playmobil animals this year. I have the calendar, the filling cost about a tenner each time.

HappyTurquoise Fri 09-Nov-12 22:26:09

Phoenix cards have some lovely ones. I've also seen some great ones in various garden centres.
Alternatively, hang up one decorative bag per child, or a little stocking, or make a felt heart and each day put a small gift inside. You could move this around the house so they have to keep guessing where it is...Or you could leave a clue of where the gift is in the stocking/bag and they then have to follow the clue for the gift. :D

Kethryveris Fri 09-Nov-12 23:31:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

izzywizzyisbizzy Fri 09-Nov-12 23:35:15

this one from amazon zhu zhu £7

this one from Smyths imaginex £8

Headiteddie Fri 09-Nov-12 23:38:07

This one is lovely.

anja1cam Sat 10-Nov-12 00:20:20

I've seen (sorry no idea where but it was recently this year....) nice wooden ones that slowly build into a complete nativity scene, and we also have a story book to be read one a day (this one is in German www.amazon.de/gp/product/3780605732/) and builds into a nativity window scene.
Or how about one to colour in:
www.amazon.co.uk/Advent-Calendar-Colour-Stella-Baggott/dp/1409535738

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now