Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy a fabric advent calender with pockets for treats?

(25 Posts)
RightUpMyRue Thu 08-Nov-12 18:22:49

Hopefully one for around (or under) the £10 mark?

A make-it-yourself kit might be nice...if it's easy.

anklebitersmum Thu 08-Nov-12 18:27:29

check this one out grin

BertieBotts Thu 08-Nov-12 18:28:16

I saw one in M&S the other day, but didn't clock price. Might be on the website? I bet it's more than £20

anklebitersmum Thu 08-Nov-12 18:29:19

and there's these too

PotteringAlong Thu 08-Nov-12 18:30:03

TK Maxx?

CurlyKiwiControl Thu 08-Nov-12 18:30:44

I know you said under a tenner but for anyone else as well tk maxx had gorgeous ones ... Bout the size of a door and they were snowmen and Santa. ... They fab!

Strawhatpirate Thu 08-Nov-12 18:31:35

I found some in hobbycraft at the weekend.

I'm planning on getting this one

pud1 Thu 08-Nov-12 18:32:59

i am sure i saw a stocking shaped one in asda today

Flisspaps Thu 08-Nov-12 18:33:44

We bought two from Poundland 6 years ago, and they're still going strong grin

Yoghurty Thu 08-Nov-12 18:36:02

I saw the M&S one too- it's lots of little stockings (with gold choc coins too) It was £10, I think?

RightUpMyRue Thu 08-Nov-12 19:16:26

I saw those on ebay, anklebiter. They're good value and if I don't find another I prefer I'll probably go for one of those, I think. I don't mind doing Christmas tack smile

The one from Wilkos is lovely, NiceCup. We do have a Wilkos in town, if I manage to make it into town before December I will defo have a look at that, i wonder how big it is?

The M+S ones are ver nice but are well over a tenner.

fluffydressinggown Thu 08-Nov-12 19:25:03

The Range usually has a quite a few of these.

fossil97 Thu 08-Nov-12 21:49:05

You can buy ones ready-printed on fabric from patchwork shops - I have made a couple similar to these

better selection

If you have a sewing machine they are quite quick to make, you can add a layer of wadding and a backing fabric and hang them on a pole. They have a little pleat in the pocket so you can normally jam a good few Celebrations in it.

iloveholidays Thu 08-Nov-12 21:53:31

Hobbycraft ones...

direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/search/Advent%20calendar

iloveholidays Thu 08-Nov-12 21:56:37

Can I ask what you're planning to put in...? I was thinking of doing one this year but not sure what I'd put in apart from choc or hair clips smile

Got 2 DDs, number 3 on her way so not sure I've got the energy to do 2 or 3 of them either this year!

accessorizequeen Thu 08-Nov-12 22:29:33

CurlyKiwi, I saw those giant ones in TK Maxx, still trying to persuade dp to get one as he wanted an heirloom wooden house-type one. They were so cute!

RightUpMyRue Thu 08-Nov-12 22:39:19

I can brave a trip to Hobbycraft. Lots of stocking fillers to be had in there too. Seems there's lots to choose from [smileo

I was planning in putting in chocs like celebrations, maybe some gold coins and other xmas themed chocolates and sweets. A few 50 pence pieces, some Christmas jewellery (earrings, brooch, necklace and a bracelet take up 4 pockets. Throw in some hairclips and bands and we've covered 6 of them).

I was also thinking of putting a little note in each pocket saying why DD deserves to have a good Christmas, a little bit of positive praise and confidence boosting for her.
Things like:
"DD is going to be the best big sister, she's really fun. She deserves a fun Christmas"
"DD has a really great sense of humour, she deserves an awesome Christmas" "DD is a very caring pet owner. She deserves a very happy Christmas" etc, etc.

I'm not sure if it's a bit sickly though confused

iloveholidays Thu 08-Nov-12 22:45:03

I've already bought a choc advent calendar so wouldn't want to do more sweets, but did think about putting in festive activities (seen others suggest on here) like bake cookies, draw a Christmas tree, decorate the tree, etc etc ad I've listed lots of little things to do over December but just wonder whether she'll be that excited about that this year... 4 next April.

It is sickly for an adult but I reckon a child would love it!!! smile

CurlyKiwiControl Fri 09-Nov-12 06:54:47

AccessorizeQueen, they are fab aren't they? I was the same, tried to explain to DP they were an investment and would last years, would look really good as a decoration too - and the pockets were a lovely size for all kinds of treats.

I thought they were quite unusual too, I've never seen one like that before, certainly not that size. A bit of a bargain really when you look at the price of some of the smaller ones.

I think kids would love it.
Oh sod it, I thinks im going to get one anyway.

iloveholidays Fri 09-Nov-12 07:31:55

Can I ask how much the ones in TK Maxx were? Thanks

InMySpareTime Fri 09-Nov-12 07:45:18

Yellow moon do a few different ones, if you want online.

anklebitersmum Fri 09-Nov-12 11:18:47

We have a huge one (about 6ft by 4ft) that we bought in Germany for about £15. Does all four of ours and looks brill too. It's on year four/five now and still looking in excellent condition so they absolutely are worth it long term.

Best thing is that the kids are really well behaved so that the Elves bring choccies overnight wink

accessorizequeen Fri 09-Nov-12 12:26:35

They were £20 smile shall try again with dp tonite. I have a few stocking filler type things like fortune teller fish, stampers. Was also thinking of starting a mini treasure hunt via the advent for ds1 and ds2 who have dec birthdays. And the elf will get involved somehow!

Flisspaps Tue 13-Nov-12 18:47:47

There are some lovely looking ones on Etsy too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now