Talk

Advanced search

awkward question for when no small eyes are reading

(6 Posts)
Startail Thu 08-Nov-12 17:57:18

am I the only child brought up in a ordinary British family, who was never brought up to believe in a certain gift giving gentle man.

BlissfullyIgnorant Thu 08-Nov-12 18:00:15

Probably.

We found some facial hair in the bathroom when I was 5 and the magic was gone forever.
Until I had DC!
Even atheists need great lies to tell small children

CMOTDibbler Thu 08-Nov-12 18:12:24

I can't remember ever believing, and certainly my mum would never have encouraged it in any way

YDdraigGoch Thu 08-Nov-12 18:15:43

Startail - we're you abused in any other way? smile

Startail Thu 08-Nov-12 20:58:21

Yes I had to spend every Christmas at my grandparents. Now don't get me wrong, I loved my GPs very much, but I envy my DH having lovely memories of it being just his family at Christmas and finding his stocking at the end of his own bed.

I didn't mind not being brought up to believe in FC. Blissfully is right my parents are atheists who refused to tell "lies" to their DDs. Doing Santa wouldn't have made sense in the whole context of the rational world they lived in.

Also it wasn't such a big thing back then and I'm not sure how many of my friends believed after they were very small.

TwoJackRussellsandababy Thu 08-Nov-12 21:13:00

You have to believe in the big man, how else can you get your stocking on xmas morning! Although I do now have to buy the things and fill it myself hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now