Talk

Advanced search

What do you buy a 5 year old girl for Christmas?

(23 Posts)
babysbreath Thu 08-Nov-12 14:00:32

I am off on a Christmas shopping spree tomorrow, and would like to buy my DD her Christmas presents.

She is five years old and enjoys drawing, colouring and sticking. Also, she loves playing schools with her dolls and trying to write.

Can anyone give me inspiration on what to get her - what has been a hit with your children.

Vickles Thu 08-Nov-12 14:13:30

Usbourne books sell Sticker Dressing Dolly books in WH Smiths for about a fiver... Many themes, christmas, princess etc.

John Lewis sell loads of lush girlie stuff, loads of branded toys, aswell as their own. How about Orchard Toys 'where's my cupcake' board game, or Orchard Toys 'packed lunch' board game, about seven quid, and fit nicely into stockings.

Boots are doing their 3 for 2 on toys, but depends on their stock levels.

The Entertainer toy shops sells loads of girlie brands, but they also sell Lalaloopsy dolls. My girls LOVE them. They do full size doll ones, with seperate outfits and accessories, but they also sell Mini Lalaloopsy, which are cheaper, smaller, but they're fab. We had loads of them, and their various houses/cars etc.
I've bought a Vtech Innotab 2 for my 5 year old girl for her main pressie. Argos sell the pink one for 64.99. Just make sure get the highest capacity rechargeable batteries you can afford,(aa). Its a tablet for kids aged, 4-9 years. Download movies, mp3's, it has drawing ability, aswell as buying all the games.
Hope that helps, have fun!!!

missnappyknickers Thu 08-Nov-12 17:12:37

have a 3 yr old dd but guessing a 5 yr old would like etch a sketch,spirograph,fuzzyfelt,bratz dolls,barbies,new dolls clothes,hairdressing set,doctors set,stencils(elc),skates,dolls house,vtech pink camera,cd player and cd's,xmas colouring books,pens smelly ones!,xmas story books...enjoy the shopping!

shazbean Thu 08-Nov-12 17:26:16

So far Have got my 5 yr old some fabric pens and cheapy white T-shirts so she can design her own.
Simple origami book with pretty paper. Joke book. Lego. Monster high stickers and doll.
Home bargains had lots of books to help with writing/numbers for £1 each I think.

noisytoys Thu 08-Nov-12 17:28:46

I've got 4 and half year old dolls house and new colouring bits

neverquitesure Thu 08-Nov-12 17:32:00

DS is only 4, so I might be a bit off with these, but Geomag, Meccano (do some lovely starter 'toolkit' boxes cheap on Amazon), Sylvanian Families (if you don't mind feeding this expensive habit for a few years) and Playmobil (just brilliant!)

sunnyday123 Thu 08-Nov-12 17:48:26

Dd is 5 and wants

Design a friend doll and clothes - they're fab!
Pink acustic guitar
Card making set
Sticker books
Tinkerbell handbag from Disney store
Minnie Mouse high heals!
Disney princess deluxe cash register

QueenBOObread Thu 08-Nov-12 17:50:51

Djeco is your friend.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 08-Nov-12 17:54:19

Sylvanians always popular here.
also Galt-type craft kits - we've had make your own jewellery, and paint a tea set
lego friends are good and start at a fiver

butterfingerz Thu 08-Nov-12 18:48:25

Well my DD is 4 and is getting a mini micro scooter, a little pink keyboard, some books from book people, a little fabric cat that you can draw on with fabric markers and wash after, probably some clothes and a stocking.

She'll probably play with the wooden garage I've bought for her brother too!

If your daughter is crafty, get thee down to Hobbycraft, a few craft sets will keep her busy on Xmas day, get some seasonal ones.

My DD is not into dolls, but if yours is, those Corolle dolls are lovely, nice long hair to style, look good quality and smell like vanilla! You can get them via amazon. Unfortunately the one I bought for DD is gathering dust!

Doitnicelyplease Thu 08-Nov-12 19:43:48

Oooh butterfingerz mini micro scooters are the best!

DD will be 4.4 by Christmas, we are getting her the playmobil campervan and swimming pool, also a couple of boardgames to play together. Stocking will be craft stuff, playdoh, stickers, stamp set, silly things and sweets.

If she was slightly older I would be tempted by the Lego Friends stuff which looks great.

IWantAnotherBaby Thu 08-Nov-12 21:31:25

DD is 4 and will be 5 by Christmas. She loves Lego Friends, and is getting some at Christmas (first started playing with the smaller sets, and following the instructions, last year at 3-4). Also loves and/or is getting:

-a Furby
-Sylvanians
-A baby born doll ("that does real wees!")
-an MP3 player (loves her music; currently has a rubbish hand-me-down MP3 player)
-Giant Lego storage bricks in various pinks (they stack like real Lego, and are great to store the Lego collection in)
-A Corolle doll (she has Camille and is getting Chloe)
-My Little Pony stuff (yuck! but she loves them and has none so far)
-Craft stuff
-a baby dolls bed/ crib

Last year she had a Leappad explorer, which has been a huge hit and is played with most days. One of her favourite toys is a kitchen (bought from ELC 2 years ago) and play food, and her pink ELC cash register for endless games of shops. Loves dressing up (mostly as princesses or fairies). Books, sticker sets popular.

LexieSinclair Thu 08-Nov-12 21:52:33

I have a 5 yo DD with similar interests and am considering getting her the Playmobil school house - which is half price, from £119.99 to £59.99 in Argos.

fruitcorner Thu 08-Nov-12 22:10:05

How about an easel with whiteboard on other side, my kids love to play schools using the whiteboard or dolls pram/ toy cot/carseat/bike seat for dolly. My 5 year old DD also likes the Orchard board games and usbourne 'see inside' books

babysbreath Fri 09-Nov-12 18:41:43

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, but thank you for all suggestions.

I have bought a mosaic set with stickers, an easy to sew felt purse amd some lovely pens from Djeco (thank you QBB).

Does anyone know if those aquabeads are any good.

4forkssake Fri 09-Nov-12 20:00:34

What about something like this? Not sure to can get it on the high street & you might be able to find it cheaper than this

www.gltc.co.uk/pretend-school-set//gltc/fcp-product/3049

Blowninonabreeze Fri 09-Nov-12 20:03:39

I came on to link to that school set, mine love it and play with it for ages.

4forkssake Fri 09-Nov-12 20:11:42

There's actually 15% off GLTC with the code BAUBLE although you have to spend £50

Marne Fri 09-Nov-12 20:21:21

Hama beads are much better than aqua beads (my 6 year old loves them) and theres lots of different sets you can get.

ISeeThreadPeople Fri 09-Nov-12 20:26:20

I've bought my 5yo dd some walkie talkies. She has always wanted some.

wigglesrock Fri 09-Nov-12 20:53:42

My just turned 5 year old loves Mini Laloopsies.

She's getting for Christmas : a My little Pony feckin' wedding castle debacle
some extra pony bridemaids (not a phrase you hear every day grin)
A Scooby Doo pirate ship
A dinosaur playset thing

Some books, a few DVDs (she loves Coraline).

I have a 7 year old as well and they both play really well with Playmobil and Lego Friends.

2cats2many Fri 09-Nov-12 20:58:42

butterfingerz can I suggest the maxi mico instead? My DD had outgrown her mini micro by the time she was 4.5. She isn't particularly tall for her age, but he tipped over the top and bashed her mouth quite badly. The maxis cost more, but (in theory) will last until she is 12.

My 5yo is getting roller skates, an inkoo, alphabet stamps and a book.

www.letterbox.co.uk has some lovely stuff. Its where I got the alphabet stamps from.

hels71 Fri 09-Nov-12 21:37:26

My DD is 5 and got both aqua beads and hama beads for her birthday and she finds the hama beads much easier. The aquabeads are fine, but trickier to get in the right place.

She is getting a dolls bunkbed for Christmas..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now