Talk

Advanced search

How many people would a 1.6 kg turkey crown feed?

(7 Posts)
olivo Wed 07-Nov-12 20:56:41

My apologies for the dullest thread this side of Christmas, but as a veggie attempting to cook Christmas dinner, I need your wisdom!

ImperialFireworksInMyKnickers Wed 07-Nov-12 21:04:44

I just wrote a reply and mn ate it... most strange.

You will need about 300 g meat per person. The joint will shrink a little, I think it will feed four gluttons or six civilised human beings, especially if there are also trimmings like sausages.

Waitrose's Christmas catalogue is very helpful about all this.

ImperialFireworksInMyKnickers Wed 07-Nov-12 21:06:01

It's very nice of you to offer to cook a turkey btw. I wouldn't have done it in my veggie years.

olivo Wed 07-Nov-12 21:21:24

Thanks. I think they would be ok if I just did veggie but I am happy to give it a go if I think I can.

Could you cook 2 turkey crowns side by side?

I will see if I can lay my hands on the Waitrose thing- is it the one they sell at the till, that you get free if you have a Waitrose card?

ImperialFireworksInMyKnickers Wed 07-Nov-12 22:23:00

You could probably fit two side by side in one large roasting tin.

The Waitrose catalogue I'm thinking of might not be out yet, probably best ask customer services. I'm just remembering from last year. It was a free one, I think it was called 'Entertaining', and it was full of all the things that you order to collect instore, like turkeys, trays of ready made canapes, blah blah, and it had guidelines on how many each dish would serve. They do them for Easter, Bank Holidays etc as well.

How many people (adults and children) will you be feeding?

I noticed they've got the new Waitrose Kitchen magazine in, when I did the half-an-hour-before-closing-reduced-for-quick-sale-sticker hunt earlier. And it's definitely got Christmas entertaining stuff on the cover. I'll pick it up tomorrow when I'm not already loaded with toffee apples reduced to 10p! Have you got a MyWaitrose or Partnership card?

ethelb Thu 08-Nov-12 10:22:17

5-6 with trimmmings.

olivo Thu 08-Nov-12 20:02:41

Thanks again. Yes, I have the my Waitrose card. Was in this afternoon but forgot to look - will write it in the list next time! It will be for 7 adults and 2 young children, the others are veggie.

Looks like two might be feasible then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now