Talk

Advanced search

any 'unusual' gift ideas?

(14 Posts)
Kveta Wed 07-Nov-12 16:09:51

I recently found a couple of really 'quirky' (for want of a better word) websites, and have promptly ordered stuff from both of them, but wondered if anyone has any other links to places of a similar bent?

the two I found were:

the curious pancake (from which I ordered a lovely print and some cards, and have been sent a 10% off code if anyone is interested?)

and

RE which has the best British Isles cookie cutter I have ever seen grin

Does anyone have any other places they'd recommend? I'd love to support some smaller businesses this year, rather than buying everything from amazon and sainsburys!!

anja1cam Wed 07-Nov-12 17:16:14

I tend to find a lot of things on NotOnTheHighstreet.com which kind of groups lots of smaller independent sellers. Last year for Christmas I got a personalised apron for cooking-mad DD2, and throughout the year I got a few presents for 'new arrivals' and grown-up birthdays.

4forkssake Wed 07-Nov-12 20:15:22

Kveta thanks for the reminder for RE. Saw the company details a whole ago & thought I must remember them as they're not far from relatives so going to visit next time we visit them (hopefully early next month smile).

Have you seen M&S do a great British bake off British isles cookie cutter. Haven't looked at it properly but it's in they're 3 for 2 offer & think it was £5. Might be worth a look.

I 2nd not on the high street. Dot com gift shop also good.

Kveta Wed 07-Nov-12 20:42:15

ooh, thanks for the cookie cutter tipoff - they are £8 though, yikes! but may drop some hints to DH grin

4forkssake Wed 07-Nov-12 22:38:04

Kveta - sorry I thought they were £5 & on the 3for2 offer. Yes, dropping hints to your DH sounds like a good idea grin

Kenworthington Wed 07-Nov-12 22:47:29

You could come and shop with me! I have a gorgeous boutiquey type shop in Exeter that sells all handmade things so really unique for pressies and I guarantee whatever you buy will be something they haven't already got! Oh and if you're not local I'll happily post to you smile

In case anyone cares, I am a regular and long term poster with a newish name (oh and I am mumsnet ambassador number one in my area don'tcha know?!(and I have a special card to prove it!)) <--- I have no idea what this means yet though , I am awaiting our first 'meeting' (with cake)

You can find me on fb-
look up good golly miss Molly: craft emporium or I am
On twitter as @goodgollycraft

Oh and if you tell me you're a MNetter in an 'knowing' way ill give you 10% off!
smile

ethelb Thu 08-Nov-12 12:01:45

Tpost do t-shirt subscriptions and you get the first one free.

www.tpostmag.com/ - United States

Really good for hard to buy for men.

ethelb Thu 08-Nov-12 12:05:09

www.tpostmag.com/ - United States
Sorry!

(meant to say we have used them and they have been really good)

crocodilesmiles Thu 08-Nov-12 12:24:40

I second dotcomgiftshop.

These are pretty impressive: -

www.dotcomgiftshop.com/s4-cacti-candles smile

Kveta Thu 08-Nov-12 17:03:10

came across some more today - arty herberts and black box

I like dotcomgiftshop, I must say! Have seen not on the high street before, they have some lovely things.

Kveta Thu 08-Nov-12 17:03:45

and not mass produced is cute too

Kveta Thu 08-Nov-12 17:04:54

good golly miss molly linky smile I have 'liked' you on fb now!

Kenworthington Wed 14-Nov-12 14:14:13

Ooh thanks! Have only just seen this... No wonder my likes have suddenly taken a big leap! X

Iwanttobeinspain Wed 14-Nov-12 15:15:52

My DH and BIL are notoriously difficult to buy for, one does mountain biking the other surfs. Both trail wet or muddy gear through the car and house angry

I have bought them one of these each as they are on special offer 25%off

www.duffbag.com/blog/2011/10/26/duffbag-kit-bags-ideal-for-wet-or-dirty-kit-mountain-biking-surfing-winter-sports/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now