Talk

Advanced search

thinking of buying dd an pod for Christams

(7 Posts)
pud1 Wed 07-Nov-12 15:13:55

i have an ipad and my dd loves it. she is 5yo and i did buy her an innotab last year but she doesn't really play with it. i have been trying to think of a Christmas gift that is not bulky ( due to space) and that she will get use out off. my question is,
will she enjoy using an ipod and leave my ipad alone or will it just be a poor substitute?
are the apps the same on the ipod touch as an ipad?
and whats the difference between all the different generations

OvO Wed 07-Nov-12 15:58:23

It's not a poor substitute. The apps are the same. I have my DS1's iPod linked to my iPad account so I only have to pay once but can have the games/apps on both. My almost 5 year old is always pinching his big brothers iPod. He definitely doesn't see it as less fun than my iPad.

I know there's a new iPod out but it's much dearer and you can probably pick up one of the last generation ones for a bargain now. I got one from the refurbished section on the apple website.

twooter Wed 07-Nov-12 16:00:29

How about a kindle fire? I have an iPod and now an iPad, and I found my eyes used to get very tired when looking at the smaller screen.

pud1 Wed 07-Nov-12 18:14:58

oVo - thanks. i hadnt thought of linking them up.

Twooter - i have considered a cheaper tablet. i just dont know much about them

MrsDimples Wed 07-Nov-12 19:15:41

My DD has her own iPod and it is packed with apps, books, a few TV shows and films. I actually pissed off with the bloke in the Apple Store who talked us out of a 64GB and insisted we only needed the 32GB angry

There are some apps / films we only have on the iPad, so getting the iPad is a treat still. You won't have to pay twice for any apps you have already purchased wink.

The iPod is perfect for the car.

neddle Wed 07-Nov-12 23:33:41

Where's a good place to buy one and are the 1st/2nd gen ones still ok secondhand? Or is it better to buy a new one?

rhondajean Wed 07-Nov-12 23:44:49

Apple do them reconditioned with a full year warranty. Google fr them. Cheaper than new but same cover!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now