Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a Build a bear Seahorse

(9 Posts)
sum04 Wed 07-Nov-12 10:47:00

This is the one and only thing my daughter has asked for Xmas and i cant find one anywhere. My nearest stores dont have it available, Its not on there website and I cant find one on eBay. Does anyone know where I can get one?

itsstillgood Wed 07-Nov-12 12:22:11

As far as I can tell they are only available in the US www.buildabear.com/shopping/productDetail.jsp?productId=prod10580034&dressMeMode=true&soundEligible=true
But they ship from there to the EU so you should just be able to order one from there.

CherryMonster Wed 07-Nov-12 14:29:43

i think i saw one in the weymouth sea life centre when i went in september

SunshineOnARainyDay Wed 07-Nov-12 14:49:17

They were certainly available over here. My DD has one, it was bought in the Arndale Centre, Manchester store end of June.

SunshineOnARainyDay Wed 07-Nov-12 14:58:01

Could you ask in your local store if they could ship one over from the US for you? Or perhaps they have an old display model you could buy? They are usually really helpful and if you explain your DD is desperate for one for Christmas I'm sure they'd help. Good luck!

sum04 Wed 07-Nov-12 15:01:03

Thanks but I live in London, so a little far for me to travel. Does anyone know if I would get charged custom fees if i bought from the US site?

EricIsMine Wed 07-Nov-12 19:56:46

this link explains US shipping costs..

www.80stees.com/pages/customer-service-shipping-UK_customs.asp

I think Royal Mail stick a handling charge on parcels stopped at Customs too, around £12 if I remember correctly!

mrscumberbatch Wed 07-Nov-12 20:58:10

I saw them in Glasgow. Could you not ask them through their website?

mmmmmchocolate Thu 08-Nov-12 00:06:27

Ring your local store they will email all stores to see if anyone has them and get it sent to your local store for you. There maybe one knocking around in someone's office somewhere!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now