Talk

Advanced search

christmas fairy instead of the elf

(4 Posts)
InNeedOfAPennyForTheGuysBrandy Tue 06-Nov-12 20:50:25

Don't like the look of elf on the shelf elf so was keeping an eye out for a different one (in my head I wanted a knitted one). My nan and auntie were also keeping an eye out and my auntie has bought me this cute fairy/angel that I'm going to use instead. It even has this star holder where paper could fit so every morning she could carry a message.

Not sure if it would work as I was going to use the elf on the shelf adopting papers and everything. What do MNers think??

InNeedOfAPennyForTheGuysBrandy Tue 06-Nov-12 21:04:34

come on MNetters bumpety bump

kiwidreamer Tue 06-Nov-12 21:24:06

You can do whatever you like I guess but to me it's elves that work for Father Christmas, that's the story she will see in movies and stories which to me will help validate the story you are creating at home. My elves are due from the US any day now (Fiesta elves on eBay/amazon) and I'm not going to bother with passport / adoption papers, the elves will arrive on Dec 1st with the advent calendar and Christmas book and a poem about reporting back to Father Christmas, we'll do the funny stuff overnight each night and on the 23rd the elves will leave a backpack full of cool stuff for our flight to NZ and a message about what a lovely time the elves have had in our home and that they had help Father Christmas get ready for his deliveries smile

kiwidreamer Tue 06-Nov-12 21:27:54

Sorry, rereading that i sounded a bit blah, I'm sure you will make it work and create lovely memories for your DC!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now