Talk

Advanced search

Present for nursery worker

(5 Posts)
nomoreminibreaks Tue 06-Nov-12 20:00:32

DS goes to nursery one day a week and has the most lovely key worker. He loves her to bits and she seems to really care about him.

I'd like to get her a little Christmas gift but I'm not sure what. I happen to know she's a single mother and most likely makes a pathetic wage so would like to get her something to spoil herself, perhaps without doing the generic smellies thing if possible!

Any ideas?

TIA!

Gilberte Tue 06-Nov-12 20:42:20

Hi nomore,

Over the years, I've bought bottles of fizz (for keyworker getting married), wine, the ubiquitous chocs and biscuits ( however they get inundated so maybe stear clear), boots vouchers (for a pregnant key worker).

Hope you get some other suggestions as I need to think of something for this year.

iloveberries Tue 06-Nov-12 20:46:33

I get my ds' nursery carers cinema vouchers... But I think boots vouchers are a good idea too, or John Lewis for a bit more of the 'treat' factor...

nomoreminibreaks Tue 06-Nov-12 23:10:11

Thanks for the ideas so far! I should probably have mentioned budget - I'm thinking around £10. Does that sound about right?

3bunnies Wed 07-Nov-12 00:10:18

We are tight give them a fairly decent homemade decoration, this year it is button snowmen/ father Christmas/ trees. They all say how much they liked the decoration as it is something they will look at each year and think of the child whether my dc's decoration actually makes it onto their tree we'll never know it is just a small token, but maybe you could combine it with a gift voucher, so something useful and something personal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now