Talk

Advanced search

Any good nativity films for children?

(7 Posts)
Goofus Tue 06-Nov-12 13:15:18

Other than the funny Nativity! film grin

We've got plenty of festive, Father Christmas centred type films which we love but would like something that actually covers the story of Jesus' birth that is aimed at a more family audience.
The ones I've been looking at (The Nativity Story [2006] being one) seem very grown up, a bit too long or would go over the kids' heads.

Are there any that you can recommend? smile

FreelanceMama Tue 06-Nov-12 19:24:48

tricky. Just from reading your subject line I was going to suggest Millions by Danny Boyle as it features a nativity and is a sweet film, but not what you're looking for. I'd be interested in any other suggestions though.

theroseofwait Wed 07-Nov-12 09:43:58

There's one that centres around the donkey, I used to use in my RE classes with Y7. I think it was called Silent Night but I'd have to google to confirm!

theroseofwait Wed 07-Nov-12 09:46:01

Try this

InMySpareTime Wed 07-Nov-12 09:47:27

I've got one called "the fourth king" which is a cartoon, funny, theologically sound, but a bit more "epiphany" than "nativity" IYSWIM

scrappydappydoo Wed 07-Nov-12 09:50:20

There's a great film called 'it's a boy's cartoon with lots of famous voices. Has some good funny bits. Sorry can't do links on my phone.

Goofus Wed 07-Nov-12 11:16:40

Oh, some great recommendations.
Thank you all! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now