Talk

Advanced search

things im still looking for who can help?

(4 Posts)
TinylittleElf Tue 06-Nov-12 11:03:43

Still struggling to find a few gifts so all idea welcome, cheap as possible because budget already blown ooops

Gift for a 12 year old girl, not really sure what shes into tbh

Gift for 10 nearly 11 year old boy, as above but looking for cheap lego seems an impossibility

Gift for mid twenties pregnant very good friend, usually buy booze but obivously cant this year

and cheap hexbug stuff is needed preferably the hive but £18.99 is a cheapest i can see it for grin

all ideas/recommendation helpful

Prizepudding Tue 06-Nov-12 12:54:10

For your pregnant friend, how about Hotel chocolate. There is a deal mentioned on the bargains thread, box for £9.95.

Also, lots of offers with the body shop, would potentially don pregnant friend and the 12 yr old girl.

lilolilmanchester Tue 06-Nov-12 13:05:15

always difficult when you don't know what they are in to :-)

For the girl, can only say what my DD would have liked at that age...
Pretty hardbacked notebook and gel pens
Card making kit
Toiletries (e.g. Body Shop)

For the boy, not sure how "cheap" you mean but my DS liked Ripley's believe it or not although he might already have it

For pregnant friend, you could go for some kind of toiletries aimed at Mums to be (Boots has quite a lot if you look at their website). Then again, it might be nice to give her something which has nothing to do with pregnancy, e.g. jewellery. Does she read? Am just on the book people site and have ordered this Anne Tyler collection for a couple of people.

And if you do go with books, if you think the girl might enjoy baking, they have a lot of cupcake books at various prices. Infact, worth just a browse of the bookpeople site for all three?

blue2 Tue 06-Nov-12 13:09:22

My DS, now 14 has been into the Guinness Book of World Records for ages and ages. Its a great gift for boys (of all ages!).

Its as little as £5.99 on ebay (no idea about postage) or try WH Smiths Waterstones etc. You'll pay £10 tops for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now