Talk

Advanced search

Stocking fillers for parents

(12 Posts)
JackThePumpkinKing Tue 06-Nov-12 10:59:36

My Sister normally does stockings for them, but she is overseas this year so the job has fallen to me grin

Any suggestions for what to put in them? Dads needs to be silly will probably have some Christmas socks, fart machine (yes it's that level of present hmm ), and a toblerone. I need a few small bits though and have no idea what to put in Mums.

ANy suggestions?

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Tue 06-Nov-12 11:01:30

Mini bottle of wine/fizz

Nail polish

Chocolate/sweets/toffees

Stud earrings

Bubble bath/bath bomb

JackThePumpkinKing Tue 06-Nov-12 11:02:49

Argh the grammar in my post is bloody terrible! [bush]

JackThePumpkinKing Tue 06-Nov-12 11:03:16

bush??? blush blush

Boys - excellent suggestions for Mum, thank you grin

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Tue 06-Nov-12 11:05:54

Old DVD like laurel and hardy/John Wayne?

Bottle opener

Glass/mug

Key ring

Book/magazine

Coasters

Men are hard to buy for......

JackThePumpkinKing Tue 06-Nov-12 11:07:00

My Dad is very hard to buy for. He's a grumpy old sod too grin

Arithmeticulous Tue 06-Nov-12 11:09:50

Does he drink? Miniature alcohol bottles, socks, little torch/maglite, fridge magnets (rude words), water pistol, mousemat, spectacle case.

JackThePumpkinKing Tue 06-Nov-12 11:12:06

All excellent ideas, keep them coming grin

My sister has just informed me I need to do stockings for the dogs? confused
At least they aren't too fussy grin

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Tue 06-Nov-12 11:12:48

Have you tried Hawkins bazaar online?

Or notonthehighstreet ?

Can get some quirky things there.

Last year a stocking liked I got for dh was a clear tube full of little bits of coloured plastic. You had to find items hidden in it by shaking the tube. Like a dice, a balloon, a pin etc

Was from Hawkins. Can't think why it was called though. Kept dh and ds1 entertained anyway!

lilolilmanchester Tue 06-Nov-12 12:38:18

For your Dad, the pound shops sometimes have musical Christmas ties - silly enough?!

For your Mum... .notelets; handcream; scarf; if she likes cooking, an unusual spice mix? Does she have any hobbies? e.g. if she makes cards, then some card toppers?

I usually put a lottery ticket in adult stockings too.

CharminglyOdd Tue 06-Nov-12 21:01:24

All the adults this year (including my parents) will be getting: Christmas themed socks with tag, "For your Mistletoes"; lipbalm "Merry Kissmas"; malteasers "Reindeer Poo"; marshmallows "Snowman Poo"; magazine; helium balloon; cracker; oranges & nuts (traditional!); some type of sweet; lottery ticket; chocolate coins.

Dad is also getting: a comb; packet of biscuits; chewing gum; his favourite soap

Mum is also getting: patterned tissues (she's very difficult... am a bit stuck on making presents match my budget!)

rhondajean Tue 06-Nov-12 22:03:19

You can buy prefilled dog stockings in the supermarkets if it's any help to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now