Talk

Advanced search

What's on the menu?

(4 Posts)
MaryShoppins Mon 05-Nov-12 00:18:49

Who goes against the traditional roast on xmas day? For me, Xmas wouldn't be the same without a roast dinner and a turkey. I don't eat turkey - I'm a veggie, but it just wouldn't feel the same to me.

What DO you eat if you don't have a roast?

Petsinmypudenda Mon 05-Nov-12 05:42:35

We do beef and a ham, sometime we do a chicken too. I don't actually like turkey.
First year ds1 was born we had a Chinese banquet for our dinner, it was lovely, everyone we told pulled his face shock because we didn't have a roast

xMinerva Mon 05-Nov-12 06:40:49

The menu this year is probably ham.

We'll roast that in the oven, and then nearer to mid afternoon, while the ham is cooling, the BBQ will go on for burgers/sausages etc and pastas and salads will be pulled out of the fridge.

Cheesecake And something else, not sure what yet, for desert.

Cheese/biscuits/leftover ham/pickle etc in the evening with a bottle glass of wine.

BiddyPop Mon 05-Nov-12 08:57:35

We are actually considering goose this year (never tried). We usually have turkey, even when we are cooking. But we have tried pheasant (gone off) and I think we had a duck 1 year (we eat duck occasionally so it is quite possible). We also usually have spiced beef, but only generally have ham when we are at DM's or DMILs rather than at home. (There;s only so much food the 3 of us can eat)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now