Talk

Advanced search

Stockings....

(21 Posts)
Yamyoid Mon 05-Nov-12 00:06:33

Do you wrap the presents in stockings or leave them? I think the stocking is the wrapping. Dh thinks not, they should be individually wrapped.

RubyFakeNails Mon 05-Nov-12 00:15:32

I tend to wrap some and leave some. Like I just do bits in the stocking so I wouldn't bother with wrapping a bottle of shower gel or some sweets but I like wrapping things where it won't be obvious what they are so books, dvds anything box shaped.

Kids do love a bit of wrapping paper.

xMinerva Mon 05-Nov-12 06:34:24

For children: Wrap. Gives me more time in bed with my coffee while they try to get into each individually wrapped small thing.

For Adults: Don't wrap.

ObiWan Mon 05-Nov-12 06:40:29

We wrap most of them.

A plain white t-shirt and a toothbrush are so much more gift-like when they come in Christmas paper.

There is every chance that the children would think that half of our Tesco delivery had fallen into their stockings by mistake if we didn't wrap.

ArtyFartyQueen Mon 05-Nov-12 06:42:17

Definitely wrap as I think it makes it a bit more exciting as they try and guess the things before its unwrapped!

Marne Mon 05-Nov-12 16:29:32

The past few years they have only had a tiny stocking so things were to small to wrap, this year i have bought bigger ones and will be wrapping a few, mainly to keep them busy whilst we are still in bed smile.

parsnipcake Mon 05-Nov-12 16:44:02

I wrap, as one oft children opens things very fast and then cries because she thinks everyone has more than her as they are still opening. I put loads of sticky tape on hers to slow her down. Also, it just adds to the fun, and I aquite like wrapping while sitting infront iof a Christmas movie.

BeaWheesht Mon 05-Nov-12 17:05:25

I wrap proper present type things like books / DVDs/ teddy/ card game but not things like toothbrush/soap/sweeta

lljkk Mon 05-Nov-12 17:18:48

I do not wrap. Life is too short!!

InNeedOfAPennyForTheGuysBrandy Mon 05-Nov-12 18:00:28

I wrap all of it and do what parsnip does with the tape. I want them to take ages to unwrap so I can come to slowly!

MrsBovary Mon 05-Nov-12 18:03:14

I wrap them all but tend to use tissue paper.

fuzzpig Mon 05-Nov-12 18:08:38

I wrap but not so nicely. I'm sure my DCs would just tip them out otherwise so wrapping makes the process much longer and we get more time snuggled on our bed smile

bedmonster Mon 05-Nov-12 21:19:23

I wrap everything, wasn't til I came on here that I realised not everyone did! Apart from the time consuming wasteful elements (admittedly not points to dismiss) I can't see why you wouldn't, presuming you wrap all other presents.
Otherwise, there's no surprise! But then I really love wrapping, so maybe it's just me!

Yamyoid Wed 07-Nov-12 20:27:30

Wow, I never knew most people (well, in mn land) wrap stocking fillers. Santa never used to wrap mine.

I like the tissue paper idea, just makes it a bit different from the main presents. I might do that this year.

The extra Sellotape idea is very good but ds likes company. Last Christmas he appeared at our bedroom door grasping his full and unopened stocking at 4.30am.

grin ObiWan.

MirandaWest Wed 07-Nov-12 20:29:15

I wrap every last thing grin

iloveholidays Wed 07-Nov-12 20:34:52

I wrap everything, has to be different wrapping paper mind!!!

3bunnies Wed 07-Nov-12 20:35:23

In our family they have always been wrapped except the satsuma and the coin. I now wrap for my dc.

MonsterBookOfTyFawkes Wed 07-Nov-12 20:43:32

Yes, it takes them longer to get out of bed, equalling me sleeping longer grin

kiwidreamer Wed 07-Nov-12 20:59:31

I'll never forget the Christmas when DS was 2.5yrs and I thought it would be more fun for him to have mostly unwrapped presents in his stocking, easier to get to toys etc... little munchkin refused to accept the unwrapped presents were actually presents, I was very pregnant and quite upset!!!! MIL saved the day and whisked out the rest of his stocking / unwrapped items while we distracted him and she quickly wrapped everything up and he was thrilled to have loads more presents to open grin

NervousAt20 Wed 07-Nov-12 21:06:08

I wrap all of them smile

bedmonster Wed 07-Nov-12 21:47:08

kiwi grin That has made me chuckle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now