Talk

Advanced search

Ideas anyone pls for 10 yo girl and 13 yo boy ? x

(11 Posts)
fakeblondie Sun 04-Nov-12 22:33:23

Ive had some fab ideas on here over the years.
Moon in my room and rainbow in my room being one of the best !
These 2 are my best friends 2 children who pretty much have everything so i need to buy something a little different iykwim.
Moon and rainbow went down a treat a few years ago so need some inspiration if pos ! xxxx

lljkk Mon 05-Nov-12 17:19:50

Budget? I have one of each.

GreenEyesAndHam Mon 05-Nov-12 17:45:18

Onesies.

Marne Mon 05-Nov-12 17:46:05

Dsd's now 13 but when she was 10 liked clutz craft books/sets, card making kits and baking items (she likes to bake). Apparently Tesco's have chocolate orange soap which dsd has asked for this year (apparently its lush). Also nice pj's, fake ugg boots and cosy socks.

Boys are harder (i have 2 dss's and they have always been harder to buy for), maybe a mini fridge for in their room? i-tunes voucher, i nice hoodie or a nice winter hat?

lljkk Mon 05-Nov-12 20:48:58

I hope that Onsies is a joke because my 13yo would probably strangle me if I suggested it.

10yo maybe would like Onsie. If it was right colour.

Disclaimer: DD is actually 11yo. Both she & 13yo DS would have cash as first choice. DS quite likes baking and would be delighted with a good cakes recipe book (nice pictures & instructions). Meanwhile one of DD's fave recent birthday gifts was some slipper socks and fingerless gloves (pretty wintery colours).

GreenEyesAndHam Mon 05-Nov-12 21:02:00

Nope grin

I have a nearly 14yo boy, and a nearly 12yo girl and they both want new Christmas onesies. All the rage apparently.

Mind you, I'm 37 and I have a onesie so I guess that's where they get it from

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 05-Nov-12 21:10:02

Cor, my DD is 10yo and my DS is 13 next month so this thread is written just at the right time. And my DS has a birthday in December, just to complicate matters grin

DS loves his X-Box so he got a couple of games (early but he knows they are off his present list)
Young Driver driving lesson
Some clothes- luckily he's completely hmm when it comes to labels so Primark XS adults fit the bill.

DD has an iPod (early, she paid for part of it, some of it Christmas money).
She wants some new covers for the iPod
And Gelati (sp)
And clothes.Again not a label lover, but she likes loads of clothes.(ladies size 6)

DD would love a Onesie. DS would be less than impressed wink

GreenEyesAndHam Mon 05-Nov-12 21:18:10

Ooh a Young Driver lesson sounds interesting

jicky Mon 05-Nov-12 21:38:10

My 13 year old ds has just got a onesie and wears it constantly - but then our house is quite cold.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 05-Nov-12 21:45:43

My DS has a Young Driver lesson a month or so back (it was meant to be for his birthday last December but we didn't get round to booking it - Bad Parents)

He really enjoyed it, he was very serious and didn't muck about (I don't think the Instructors take any nonsense from them) grin

He's got another one this month (I don't think they run in Dec, the next booking was Feb)

loubielou31 Tue 06-Nov-12 14:55:49

We have the Usborne Children's book of baking which although might look a bit young has really good recipes and excellent instructions. There are recipes in it I use it all the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now