Talk

Advanced search

to DS or not to DS this Christmas

(5 Posts)
mizu Sun 04-Nov-12 14:59:10

Nintendo DS I mean!

DDs are 8 and nearly 7.

I am not sure whether to buy or not. They are expensive for a start and i don't usually buy them anything as expensive.

I know they would LOVE them but I don't want them to be on them all the time either.

We are not really into gadgets and stuff, we have a very old laptop in the house and nothing else techy.

Can anyone recommend them or tell me they are brilliant and really educational?

Or tell me not to bother (preferable!) as they are a waste of money.

Cheers

InNeedOfAPennyForTheGuysBrandy Sun 04-Nov-12 15:01:48

I would get a reconditioned iPod from apple instead of 3ds for the same money. Ds's are a waste of money and you throw more money at it getting more games where as there are loads of free apps an games.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 04-Nov-12 15:06:50

Mine have had theirs for a couple of years (my DS has a regular DS and DD has a DSi)

He still uses his alot, but the X-Box is his main love.
DD has recently got an iPod which is her new love.

The games for DS/DSi are ££ (and very small so we keep losing them confused )

I'm the only one that plays Brain Trainer TBH and Dr Q keeps telling me off for leaving it so long between visits !

Shesaysso Sun 04-Nov-12 15:08:52

My daughters 7.5 and 6 have both (reluctantly on my part) got one. They're okay - after the initial novelty wore off they are mainly in their drawer. They come out for car/ plane journeys and occasionally at other times but they are no where near on them all the time, very rarely infact. You can get some reasonably educational (junior classic games) and mine like nintendogs, toy story 3 and mario kart. My nephew however who is 7 would be on his all the time if my sister would let him. Not sure if its a boy girl thing but most of the boys I know would be on them constantly however the girls I know really arent bothered.

mizu Mon 05-Nov-12 14:44:30

Thanks all, think you have convinced me to hold off for a while. And forgot about the expense of the games to buy too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now