Talk

Advanced search

present for brother and his wife

(6 Posts)
babydreams Sun 04-Nov-12 14:52:51

I am really stuck for ideas on what to buy my brother and his wife I am on a budget as on maternity leave. Previous years i have given cinema vouchers / restaurant vouchers but would rather not give a gift voucher this year. I have a budget of between 15 - 20 pounds. Any ideas would be gratefully received. I have put together a small hamper for our parents so could maybe do this for them but unsure what to put in it.

attheendoftheday Sun 04-Nov-12 15:04:23

What are their interests?

What about something they could use in the house -set of nice glasses, posh corkscrew, photo frame, something like that?

How old?

Posh olive oil and balsamic vinegar always nice: most people use them and it's nice to have a step up in quality from the ones you might buy yourself.

Agree that nice glasses and a bottle to go with is a good idea.

Couple of DVDs, bags of popcorn etc for a night in?

mameulah Sun 04-Nov-12 18:27:52

In Lakeland there are unusual port glasses. I have done a couples gift of that, a small bottle of port, the £10 cheese board from NEXT, and I suppose if you felt like it you could choose some fancy cheese to go with it aswell.

Liking the port and cheeseboard idea a lot.

mameulah Sun 04-Nov-12 22:05:52

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/40749/Porto-Sippers

I am sure you could get nice port glasses somewhere cheaper though. The bottle of port I bought cost £7 and it was from ASDA, it is a smaller bottle but it looks good. I think it was called DOWS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now