Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Eve Afternoon Tea Party!

(9 Posts)
Vickles Sat 03-Nov-12 21:53:03

I've done it... I've created the event on Facebook and invited friends! Eeeeek!

The plan is to offer Hot Chocolate and Christmassy Coffee.. and homemade scones/cream/plum jam, christmas pudding brownies and maybe some festive shortbread!

Friends and their families are coming over at 2pm, but then I've asked them, if they'd like to, to come with us to the local school's chapel for a Family Carol Service at 5pm.

I'm beyond excited, as I love the build up to Christmas, and love the thought of spending it with some fab people.

So.... any other ideas anyone? Is anyone else hosting anything?

GrimAndHumourless Sat 03-Nov-12 21:55:11

christmas pudding brownies recipe please smile

hey, great idea to have an end time to your party, genius

Grockle Sat 03-Nov-12 21:58:24

I'll come grin

It sounds lovely. Another request for brownie recipe please. I think you should have gingerbread muffins too.

racingheart Sat 03-Nov-12 21:59:01

Sounds lovely. Can we come? I'd add tiny white marshmallows to the hot choc (snowballs) and maybe offer teas too - either spicy chai or some winter berry or citrus and ginger fruit teas.

racingheart Sat 03-Nov-12 22:01:26

And I'd probably have a huge basket of beautifully wrapped, small presents in the hall to give out as people leave: cellophane cones of hand made sweets or little jars of home made spicy chutney.

redandwhitesprinkles Sat 03-Nov-12 22:13:21

Mulled wine? Or is just me that likes a drink? blush

Vickles Sat 03-Nov-12 22:26:49

Haven't found the recipes yet, but came across these

www.bitrebels.com/lifestyle/food-design-creative-santa-hat-christmas-tree-brownies/

I've never piped before, but will give it a go!
Not even sure if strawberries will be around either, but, we'll see...

Mmmm, gingerbread muffins! Fab!

I was thinking of doing a Hot Chocolate machine for the kids! (Just loads of bowls of sprinkly things, and they can customise their own cup!)

Definitely love the tea idea.. will be looking at Whittards, and seeing what ideas they have. I'm sure they do mulled wine iced tea!

Love Love LOVE the small presents in the hall!

ladymariner Sat 03-Nov-12 22:33:32

Those Christmas brownies look fab, I'm going to make those for Christmas Eve too when my parents come to stay. We can have them when we get back from the Nativity Service smile

Don't forget the mince pies. It sounds lovely. Would deffo do some mulled wine or cider, as well as choc and coffee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now