Talk

Advanced search

What do get an 8 month old??

(8 Posts)
Flosie1989 Sat 03-Nov-12 20:54:40

So my DD will be 8 months at Christmas and one of her nanny's wants to know what to get her for about £20-30.

Christmas presents already bought for her by other family members are a rocking hedgehog from mamas and papas, push along walker, sit in walker and a trunkie for our holiday later next year.

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can suggest? I think I'd rather suggest a toy as oppose to clothes....

Thanks in advance!

dementedma Sat 03-Nov-12 21:01:24

Ummm, nothing at that age really.
If you must,something musical and rattly?

Northernexile Sat 03-Nov-12 21:07:26

We just got our currently 8 month old DD a musical activity table by Leapfrog. It was £26 from Amazon and she adores it!

Activity Table

Flosie1989 Sat 03-Nov-12 21:09:00

Thank you northernexile that's a good idea and looks fab!

StealthToddler Sat 03-Nov-12 21:11:03

Rather than endless individual presents you could suggest each birthday/Christmas to get something that is part of a bigger set e.g lovely wooden dolls house furniture and then when dd is older you could buy her or get relatives to club together to get a dolls house? That way it is something they will really treasure as they get older as being from nanny.
For our ds one of my brothers has every birthday/Christmas got pieces for a brio train track and now other family members contribute so by age 5 he has a fab set with loads of trains that he and his brothers play with all the time.

Flosie1989 Sat 03-Nov-12 21:16:44

Thank you stealthtoddler another great idea smile

ScottishBritishMNer Sat 03-Nov-12 21:24:01

DS had the leapfrog table - he loved it and enjoyed playing with it for quite a while.

OTS Sun 04-Nov-12 15:14:45

Ds was nearly 8 months and had a v tech push along walker. He has only recently stopped playing with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now