Talk

Advanced search

Stockings - toys with or without packaging (xmas abroad)

(3 Posts)
kiwidreamer Sat 03-Nov-12 18:22:17

We are going to be in NZ for Xmas and I'll be packing a number of items for the kids stockings, as we arrive late on the 24th of Dec the presents will need to be pre-wrapped... I'm wondering about removing some of the items from their bulky packaging and then wrapping them... is that weird?? DS is 4.5yrs so I think I could get away with it, he wont really think of the implication of toy being new or not. He has a few of the Marvel action hero figures that I'm thinking of in particular, awkward bulky packaging... tho packaging does bulk out the stocking a bit!!!!

olibeansmummy Sat 03-Nov-12 21:16:43

Yeah take them out, or don't even wrap them, we never wrap stocking presents. Only thing I'd worry about with wrapping is if they want to check them at customs, it would be awful to have to unwrap them at the airport.

toomanydaisies Sun 04-Nov-12 08:06:26

I'm doing this for both children this year - oldest is 5. I don't want to be wrestling with packaging, bleary eyed on Christmas morning and neither child will notice! Have a wonderful kiwi Christmas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now