Talk

Advanced search

Reached the budget,im not done!

(7 Posts)
Waitingforastartofall Sat 03-Nov-12 13:19:16

We originally set a budget for dcs, not huge because i had just left my job so £150 ( each to their own and all that i dont want a flaming), i have bought them 10 presents ( range from 50 down to 10 pound ones) and have reached the budget but theres still a few things id like to get.
We are in a better financial position than we expected and i still have 40 in amazon vouchers saved up for the childrens things, would i be really daft to extend the budget a little bit ( no more than £30 each) given we can afford. Dp has agreed that we havent got clothes or chocs yet so im pondering. what would you do?

InNeedOfAPennyForTheGuysBrandy Sat 03-Nov-12 13:21:59

I'd extend it meh it's Christmas buy them a outfit and some chocolate.

2kidsintow Sat 03-Nov-12 13:24:10

I set a similar budget and try v hard to stay under it. But it is a budget I can afford to extend if something special came along.

If you think that they would really appreciate the extras, then go for it. If those clothes and chocs are things that are always given as tradition and their absence noticed, then go for it.

If they have enough already, don't bother.

As far as clothes are concerned, I always find that I have to buy them before Christmas as there are parties and discos to go to at school. Mine get a Christmas outfit every year, but not as a gift as they need it before Christmas day.

Waitingforastartofall Sat 03-Nov-12 13:24:48

Im going to buy normal chocs and put them in stockings cause my children are werid creatures who dont like certain ones out of selection pack. I dont feel so bad since i have the vouchers... i cant help myself ive got so many bargains

olibeansmummy Sat 03-Nov-12 13:24:56

If you both agree then go for it. Why not?!

Waitingforastartofall Sat 03-Nov-12 13:27:36

dp normally gets them all an outfit which is left on their beds for christmas day. but i know what you mean i always end up buying new for discos ect

Waitingforastartofall Sat 03-Nov-12 13:28:18

Aw i was expecting you all to say i was a muppet and shouldnt spend more than i have too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now