Talk

Advanced search

What to get for swimming pool staff?

(16 Posts)
Pinkskyemum Sat 03-Nov-12 08:19:43

Doing well with Christmas shopping & home-made/personalised gifts for teachers for my 3 kids, BUT I'm stumped about what to get for swimming pool staff! We spend a lot of time there, I have gifts for staff who do 1-1 lessons with my children, but want to get something for all. Box of chocs or biscuits doesn't seem appropriate. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks :-)

McPhee Sat 03-Nov-12 08:31:15

Blimy are you buying for the dustman and postman too?

colditz Sat 03-Nov-12 08:39:30

Box of shortbread is perfectly appropriate

susiedaisy Sat 03-Nov-12 08:42:57

Swimming pool staff!! Presents!!

I'm speechless!

If this is a real question then I agree a box of biscuits is more than enough!

Still thinks this must be a wind up!!confused

crackcrackcrak Sat 03-Nov-12 08:44:48

Errrrrrr

GinaNicol Sat 03-Nov-12 08:46:17

Flowers for girls- biscuits for guys

RedZombie Sat 03-Nov-12 08:53:14

It wouldn't occur to me to buy anything for their swimming teacher never mind the pool staff. I only buy for their actual School teachers because the DCs nag me about it.
A box of biscuits is more than appropriate.

Zombieminx Sat 03-Nov-12 08:53:56

They teach our kids an essential skill, so IMO it's nice to give a token of thanks.

Last year DD helped me make spiced biscuits in the initials of her swimming and nursery teachers and they had small bottles of Christmas pudding vodka to go with! smile went down very very well!

seeker Sat 03-Nov-12 08:56:28

Actually I do give the postman and the dustman a "Christmas Box" - because my pwrnts did and it makes me feel charmingly Old fashioned. But not the swimming pool staff!

iloveholidays Sat 03-Nov-12 09:04:16

I think it's a lovely idea, it's just a thank you and I suspect it will go down very well. The OP says she spends a lot of time there so no different than getting nursery or preschool assistants something.

Saying that I do think a box of biscuits would be appropriate. Or someone suggested nice coffee/tea to me when thinking of ideas for DDs preschool. I think Whittards are doing some festive ones and there is a offer code on the bargain thread.

amistillsexy Sat 03-Nov-12 09:09:39

I bought mugs and filled them with herbal/fruity tea bags for the pre school staff one year. That might be a healthier option if you want to avoid biscuits.

Funnylittleturkishdelight Sat 03-Nov-12 09:12:01

I gave a fruit box to my gym- they loved it!

kiwidreamer Sat 03-Nov-12 15:44:19

I can understand you want to say a special thanks but I think a gift might be a bit over the top, yes they teach your children an important skill but you pay them a fee to do this, I'd say a box of biscuits or chocs and a handmade card from the kids is more than enough!!

I guess I dont really understand as my PFB is only just starting to do regular activities now he is at school adds rugbytots coach to handmade card list

Pinkskyemum Sat 03-Nov-12 21:23:19

Thanks all and no its not a wind up sad
"Seeker" I'm with you, I do that too smile it's not a big monetary thing, but just an opportunity to appreciate people.
I'm not talking about big gifts or spending lots of money (far from it!) but I do like to make small handmade gifts for teachers & those others who help my children as a token of appreciation.
Some nice ideas: many thanks smile

3bunnies Sun 04-Nov-12 07:26:35

Our list is still expanding, we just give token gifts - usually a homemade decoration and something foodie. For rainbow/brownie leader though am going to try to organise a little book with signed self portraits of all the girls in uniform, feel like going a bit ott with them as compared to the others on the list (well other than godparents) they give all their time for free, think they deserve an extra thanks.

A tin of biscuits would be fine for swim school staff - surely they need a sugar boost in their break, but a fruit basket would be healthier, maybe do a photo gift tag, as the names probably won't mean much but their photos will, and it is nice as a recipient to know whose gift you are munching!

lunar1 Sun 04-Nov-12 07:39:08

I make a tin of fairy cakes, school office staff and caretakers get the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now