Talk

Advanced search

Creative type present for 5 year old.

(10 Posts)
pinknanny Fri 02-Nov-12 21:24:34

Hi, looking for some different art n craft set ideas for 5 year old, preferably something that can b used again and again or at least be more than a one make type thing.
Any ideas?
Thanks

OohMrDarcy Fri 02-Nov-12 21:45:20

DD (nearly 6) is into anything makey and is currently coveting

sequin art
waggle tags
cool cards
blingles
gelarti

we've got her some aquabeads too (not as well as all of that! Still deciding)

PeachTown Fri 02-Nov-12 21:56:05

I've bought 5yo DN a huge kit of sparkly beads and a big spool of thread, which I'm hoping will last a while.

Sagelyhaunting Fri 02-Nov-12 21:59:07

I got ds a Mister Maker craft chest full of stuff to keep him occupied.

Playdoh, fancy hole punches, coloured paper and he can go for hours smile

SavoyCabbage Fri 02-Nov-12 22:02:04

Djeco make fantastic arty sets. My dd has one where you trace on plastic with chalk markers and she loves it. They are good quality items.

SavoyCabbage Fri 02-Nov-12 22:05:07

here it is. You can get them on amazon.

TheDogsRolex Fri 02-Nov-12 22:26:50

Dear god no, aquabeads, hamabeads...don't even go there. You'll hoover more up than they'll ever manage to make a decent picture with. Don't bother with moon sand either...biggest waste of money ever. Sticker maker type things need refills that cost more than the kit.

You could make your own kit up, googly eyes, coloured paper, sticky bits and bobs, pom poms and all that rubbish. Home Bargains do a really great little craft box if you have one near you. They also do the sequin craft, model things and all sorts of stuff way cheaper than Argos etc.

pinknanny Sat 03-Nov-12 09:14:02

Thanks all for the replies.

Agree TheDogs, hate moon sand!

Hadnt heard of the djeco crafts so thanks very much Savoy, will def have a good look at those, but they look good.

Are the sequin crafts any good? Had been looking at those but wasnt sure??

Thanks x

IHeartKingThistle Sat 03-Nov-12 09:22:50

this is cool.

tassisssss Sat 03-Nov-12 10:22:39

this foam mosaic craft is fab

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now