Talk

Advanced search

That's it! I think I've finished shopping!

(24 Posts)
44SoStartingOver Fri 02-Nov-12 17:57:02

Everything has been bought, so I can concentrate on the arty/crafty/poncey wrapping parts and plethora of concerts, nativity plays, parties, and drinking sessions.

Oops no! Need to order turkey! But apart from that, I reckon I'm done! Woo hoo

germyrabbit Fri 02-Nov-12 17:57:49

weirdo

44SoStartingOver Fri 02-Nov-12 17:59:08

If you knew my schedule for November and December, you would not think me a weirdo.

But now I feel virtuous and gooood

germyrabbit Fri 02-Nov-12 18:00:29

you already said drinking sessions wink

ISeeThreadPeople Fri 02-Nov-12 18:03:56

I'm about there too. Mostly because I have to spread the cost over the year anyway but also because I have both nieces, FIL, SIL, BIL, other SIL, Mum, me, DH, two cousins, my bf and 3 of dd's school friends all celebrating birthdays between now and then or thereabouts, one wedding, 3 parties, all the school stuff, one trip oop north, dh going away for 3 weeks (I don't drive) and we're having a new kitchen (well 2nd hand from ebay) installed. I couldn't fit in shopping anywhere else.

44SoStartingOver Fri 02-Nov-12 18:07:50

A fair bit has to be posted and we need to pack as we are going away.

Plus drinking sessions will require some nice clothes, manicures and eyelashes, so I need to plan ahead!

Gumby Fri 02-Nov-12 18:09:45

What have you bought?
Need ideas!

44SoStartingOver Fri 02-Nov-12 18:12:12

Who for? Tell me who, and I'll spill the beans

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 02-Nov-12 19:13:46

No No No No No grin [sigh] grin- so organised but do you not miss the thrill of the last minute shopping. I love a whirl round Lakeside or Bluewater (without DH or DC in tow) with my shopping list.

I said to DH yesterday that I was going to start buying the stocking gifts for the DC (the fiddly little bits that they don't know about.They take the time to seek out)

Though yesterday DD and I went to M&S about 4pm and it was a nightmare. I had one bag (Primani, so large paper bag as DD had been clothes shopping) and I was carrying the basket.Trying to get past the aisle blockers and aimlessly staggering round trying to find things.
Maybe I don't want to be doing that on Christmas Eve....

44SoStartingOver Fri 02-Nov-12 19:15:36

Exactly . I can get a last minute thrill making reindeer food, baking a Christmas tree cake and letting the dc decorate it with taste and subtlety. I can given nip out to the shops if I chose, but dammit, only if I choose!

paddingtonbear1 Fri 02-Nov-12 19:18:34

OMG. I haven't even started!
Might get all mine online...

44SoStartingOver Fri 02-Nov-12 19:22:42

Have been ill for about 3 weeks so mostly online. Very pleasing, sat in bed with a cuppa. Plus when I found a bargain, I pounced. If anything particularly cool, I bought multiples.

Afrodizzywonders Fri 02-Nov-12 20:06:27

I'll toast you. Just have 1 present left to get for my father, a cheese hamper....then done. Stockings done! Need to assemble homemade crackers, made a felt Christmas tree for my DS to fuzzy felt homemade decorations on and made homemade chilli hot chocolate for some random gifts.

This is the first year I have been this organised, due to give birth in 4 weeks and don't fancy sorting it with a newborn in tow, I can now relax. I also bit the bullet and for the first year for ages am not cooking Christmas dinner....M&S are! Just going to enjoy the run up and hopefully get to grips bf'ing the new one, I remember those early weeks as very tough.

Violet77 Fri 02-Nov-12 20:34:26

I'm almost done too :-) just a few bits for the movie night hampers.

So much is bought through the year and squirrelled away. It make it all so much less stressfull.
Also looking forward to the nice bits now.

dementedma Fri 02-Nov-12 20:48:33

I have the stockings done thanks to tickseed,Hawkins bazaar,and dotcomgiftshop.
Got one or two presents but nowhere near done.

Tuttutitlookslikerain Fri 02-Nov-12 20:50:52

I'm almost done too. I can't be doing with buying presents in December. In fact tomorrow I shall be buying gift tags and will start wrapping next week!

londone17 Fri 02-Nov-12 21:30:31

I've bought and wrapped all mine, posted my parcels today, written all my cards and got all my Christmas treats in. Just the decorations to put up and fresh food to buy Christmas week.

usualsuspect3 Fri 02-Nov-12 21:32:43

I cba.

AllOverIt Fri 02-Nov-12 22:19:16

Me too * smug *

bedmonster Sat 03-Nov-12 00:02:00

Eeeeeek! It's threads like this that make me feel panicky! I want to start but have too many birthdays before then and mentally I have to wait until they're over until I can fully commit to Christmas!

I have however started on the stocking bits because, as mentioned somewhere up there ^ they take the longest for me to hunt for. I love taking the time around the shops from now onwards looking for stuff they'll love. Their stockings are always full of surprises as most of these presents aren't on their santa lists.

3bunnies Sat 03-Nov-12 08:18:19

Probably over half way through, need a few more stocking fillers, dh's present (he needs to tell me what he wants, plus the dc and I will put a hamper together but don't want them too excited too soon). Need something small for my mother and something for a couple, then I'm done! Have a hectic 3 weeks at work then I'm going to start wrapping as I always leave it to the last minute and spend ages wrapping wishing that dh was able to wrap things neatly! Bargain thread is largely responsible for me being ready this year and being skint! Will be fine as long as I stop soon.

Violet77 Sat 03-Nov-12 18:34:30

I'm wrapping tonight, my own presents and dh's. I buy for myself so that i get what i want! I figure wrapping now will give me more of a surprise on the 25th smile

seabuckthorn Sat 03-Nov-12 23:26:06

Oh I so wish I was completely done!
DP and DC I think we are pretty much sorted just need co

seabuckthorn Sat 03-Nov-12 23:29:18

... Blinking iPhone!
Just need a couple of extras for their stockings.
Family, got some presents here and there and wrapped them. most importantly we know what we are getting them for a change.
2 best pals are also sorted.
Cards, wrapping paper and ribbons etc are sorted too.
Just need to give birth and move house now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now