Talk

Advanced search

What are you putting in your male stockings?

(17 Posts)
Penguinbeaver Fri 02-Nov-12 11:45:13

Im stuck for ideas that are cheapish and cheerful for DH and DB's stocking, any ideas??

vodkaanddietirnbru Fri 02-Nov-12 11:53:45

I have never done stockings for adults, only for the children - do people do that then?

PixieHot Fri 02-Nov-12 11:55:47

Nanoblock giraffe

PixieHot Fri 02-Nov-12 11:58:52

Spicery packs

FireOverBabylon Fri 02-Nov-12 12:01:11

A mug with a pair of Christmas socks in it
Whoopie cushions - DS is 3 and will also be getting some. I'm expecting male boding hysterical laughter from the pair of them, who both think that farting and smeeling your feet is funny hmm
small (4 chocolate) box of chocolate seashells.

Will maybe put one more thing in if I can cadge ideas off this thread! DS's having the socks, mug etc but also a toy car and colouring book which don't translate so well for dad.

sleeplessinsuburbia Fri 02-Nov-12 12:11:17

A car air freshener, a bottle opener, a game for his Xbox and some chocolate. That's all he'll get!

tassisssss Sat 03-Nov-12 08:51:40

socks
silly glasses (poundland)
bottle of fancy beer (ie pretty label haha)
post it notes
sweets

ChestyNutsSparklerHell Sat 03-Nov-12 11:10:08

M+Ms pack of 4 flavours.
A passport holder
A luggage tag
A wallet
Super cars book
Toiletries
A wash bag
Novelty boxers

Ps we are going on holiday in march grin

Phoebe47 Sat 03-Nov-12 13:14:17

I do goodie bags instead of stockings for all the adults who are with us on Christmas day. The men are getting posh boxers plus a movie night package which includes DVD, small bottle of wine or a bottle of beer, a bag of nuts and a large bar of chocolate.

Katienana Sat 03-Nov-12 13:32:03

Various toiletries - shower gel, shampoo, toothbrush. Socks. Silly things - last year a vajazzle kit from poundland. Bits for the car (again from poundland). Sweets/chocs, stationery, maybe a small book, playing cards, lotto ticket or scratchcard.

Waitingforastartofall Sat 03-Nov-12 13:41:06

lion bars, cashew nuts, something garden related, a scratchcard, bath bubbles. a keyring bottle opener type thing

Dp usually gets something along the lines of:
nuts
jar of 'posh' chutney or pickled onions
a pork pie
shower gel
a chocolate orange because he insists on one (I think they are horrible)
'nice' chocolate
a bookmark or something else small

Vodkaanddietirnbru - to answer your question, yes some people do do stockings for adults - dh and I each do one for the other, and I do them for the dses who are 15, 17 and 19. When we went to stay with my mum one year, I did her a stocking, so she wouldn't feel left out - nothing expensive, just for fun. I've done the same for DMIL and DBIL when they've stayed with us for Christmas.

The boys usually get socks, boxers, toiletries, sweets, maybe a book - that sort of stuff.

confuugled Sat 03-Nov-12 23:47:08

If they've been wishing for something - in dh's case, he'd love a camper van - then I'll put in a 'grow your own camper van kit' - toy camper van and bottle of baby bio grin (I have 2 dc so there can never be too many toy cars in the house!).

Could you do something similar?

DameFanny Sat 03-Nov-12 23:52:03

I do a stocking for DH as well as ds because we're forced to have a Scandinavian Christmas eve with mil, so I want them to have something from me on the proper day wink.

DH will be getting a new moleskin notebook, some paper darts, some liquorice, and probably some posh teabags. Plus an orange.

Ds will get a couple of random small things - moshlings for example - and sweets.

I married a hoarder who hardly ever even puts new presents away, and ds has the hoarding gene and hates to get rid of anything, so this year it's all about the consumables...

confuugled Sat 03-Nov-12 23:52:55

If she likes plants but isn't so mobile for gardening anymore, how about things like amaryllis or hyacinth or crocus kits? gets to grow things inside nice and easily.

makinglemonade Sun 04-Nov-12 15:43:41

This is the first year DH and I will be doing stockings for each other. We've set a £50 limit and we won't get each other anything else.
I'm quite excited as I loved my Christmas stocking as a child!

So far I've thought of-
Boxers
Few tins of Morgan's & Coke
M&Ms
Some toiletries
Scratch card
A book
Pjs

Doesn't sound very exciting though does it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now