Talk

Advanced search

Skylander Giants

(8 Posts)
oohnewshoes Thu 01-Nov-12 18:49:32

I have just bought Ds Skylander Giants starter pack for the Wii. I know he will love it as he loves action figures and his Wii.

But while in tesco there were loads of add on figures, some quite big compared to others. Which are the most "desirable" and what are the difference in sizes?

Waitingforastartofall Thu 01-Nov-12 18:58:51

Skylander giants are usually around 13 pound mark, they are the big ones in orange packaging these have only just been released. Series 2 figures have also just been released and will be in orange packaging they are pop fizz , chill, fright rider, shroom . These are about 9pound If you don't have any at all then maybe adventure pack would be best best but more expensive. Series one figures won't be in orange packaging they still work on giants though and will be 6 to 9 pound depending on shop. Check sites like toys r us for three for two. There all also lightcore which have parts that glow on the portal and special powers, bit smaller than the actual giants.

musicposy Thu 01-Nov-12 21:01:41

Of the new figures, Chill seems to be desirable. DD really wanted this one and I managed to get it but noticed they've sold out pretty quickly. She also wanted fright rider (which I got too). I think of the non-giant figures (The £8-£9 ones) the new ones will be the most popular.

musicposy Thu 01-Nov-12 21:03:56

Oh, and if you are getting them and he has no original Skylanders, then try to get different elements. They are listed on the back (water, magic, fire etc) and each element has its own symbol. You need one of each to properly complete the game. So it would be better to get say, one earth and one air than two air skylanders, if that makes sense.

Waitingforastartofall Thu 01-Nov-12 21:12:29

Chill is on amazon but more expensive we got ours ffrom Asda, also check grainger games

oohnewshoes Thu 01-Nov-12 22:08:46

Thanks everyone. I will keep an eye out for chill and fright rider.

I'm so used to him wanting something for week before I give in. Ds thinks sky landers are only collector cards and figures, he will be so excited when he realises it's part of a game.

Waitingforastartofall Thu 01-Nov-12 22:30:50

When the dcs first asked for the original i wondered how long the fad would last and bless them their still going strong, have nearly all the series one and its even encouraged saving of pocket money and reading all the stories ect so im happy enough even though they hog my tv

musicposy Thu 01-Nov-12 23:51:01

Same here. DD was first keen last year, got the game for Christmas and has been obsessed with it ever since. She's spent every bit of money that has come into her possession over the year on Skylanders and now has the full original set. A year on and she's as keen as she was a year ago so from that point of view, money well spent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now