Talk

Advanced search

Party game ideas

(8 Posts)
Overtiredmum Thu 01-Nov-12 18:25:30

I need to pick brains please for party game ideas for children in the age of 4-8 and for adults! Please help!!

Ruthchan Thu 01-Nov-12 21:06:04

I am holding a joint birthday party on Saturday afternoon for my DCs, aged 4 and 6.
It will be on an 'ocean' theme.

We will be playing:

musical bumps (Not competiviely, with no winner because young)
musical statues
Limbo dancing
a treasure hunt (the clues will be messages in bottles)
pin the teeth on the shark
fishing (each fish will have an instruction on the back which the child has to follow)
fish, fish, shark (instead of duck, duck, goose)

They will do a craft activity of making a fish from paper cups.

All the preparation is about finished, now.
I hope it all works out as I'm planning!

worm77daisy Thu 01-Nov-12 21:19:28

We are having a mostly adults party on Sunday the games I will be trialling are:

Shake ya Booty - an empty kleenex box with 6 ping pong balls in around the waist of each competitor. The first to empty their box (without using their hands wins).

Banana meets Orange - tie a banana around the waist of each each competitor so that it dangles about a foot above the ground between their legs, they then have to hit the orange with the banana (no hands) across the room.

If you look up a US TV programme called "A Minute to Win It" you may get more ideas.

doglover Thu 01-Nov-12 21:26:10

Great fun, W77D!! Will definitely use!

Overtiredmum Thu 01-Nov-12 21:53:57

Thanks for that, love the sound of shake ya booty!

Inneedofbrandy Thu 01-Nov-12 21:57:48

I hate party games that involve standing up. I would teach dc a card game like new money or poker. The best night I had at a family christmas was when my nan bought a roulette wheel we all dc included loved it.

AngryFeet Thu 01-Nov-12 21:58:35

Spilt kids into teams, give them toilet rolls and they have to dress one of them using the toilet roll. Best outfit wins.

Biscuit tin in middle of floor.

5 pound coins.

Each competitor takes it in turns to tuck all 5 coins between their bumcheeks (keeping clothes ON) and to waddle across the floor, tightly clenched, and to try and drop all 5 coins into the tin. Fabulous for the audience as competitors walk like they've the worst piles in the world.

Winner gets to keep coins!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now