Talk

Advanced search

Skylanders - help!

(15 Posts)
BeaWheesht Thu 01-Nov-12 14:07:27

Ds is getting a second hand wii for Christmas, he will be just 6 and doesnt have much experience of computer games.

Will he be too young? If not then what do I need to buy? Does it need accessories or anything?

livingfortoday Thu 01-Nov-12 14:17:23

No he will love them and will drive you potty!

You need to get the game, portal and figure to play this is all in a starter pack

1) spyros adventure
2) giants

Or if you already have a portal from no 1 you can just get a booster pack.

It is possible to complete the game with one figure from each element, but there are 32 figures in total for the first game and they are reasonable if you get them second hand off eBay or in gamestation anywhere between 4 to 9.

The new figures have come out are more 8 upwards.

Game one figures will work on game 2 (giants) but new figures will not work on game one unless they were a game on figure - I know this sounds confusing but it's marked on the packs. I found the game shops people very helpful whereas Asda etc just sell it they don't always know. Make sure you email ebayers to check details with these until you get your head round it all.

He will love it. My ds has them and when he can't play with the wii he writes about them and draws them . He the books too gets them reading a it more.

BeaWheesht Thu 01-Nov-12 14:25:43

So if I buy a starter pack is that all I need? Thinking of buying with club card exchange from tesco

Penguinbeaver Thu 01-Nov-12 14:31:23

Bea I bought some the other day for my dnephew from Tesco in their 3for2 hth

livingfortoday Thu 01-Nov-12 14:51:01

Yes so you need to decide which game to get.

There are more figures around for new game giants in the shops. These are hot! Last year stock ran out everywhere but it's not supposed to happen this year.

BeaWheesht Thu 01-Nov-12 15:55:44

I still don't understand!!!! What would you recommend I buy?

Whistlingwaves Thu 01-Nov-12 15:58:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BeaWheesht Thu 01-Nov-12 15:59:25

Whistlingwaves - and would that be it? I wouldn't need to buy anything else?

GummiberryJuice Thu 01-Nov-12 16:03:36

Buy skylanders giants starter pack, this is the one with the portal inside and some figures, you will get a figure in the pack also. You will be able to use any of the figures then

BeaWheesht Thu 01-Nov-12 16:04:58

Thanks gummi

Waitingforastartofall Thu 01-Nov-12 16:06:15

I would advise some rechargeable batteries because the portal of power drains them v quickly! We have the original but i would advise buying giants because none of the new series 2 figures or giants can be played with on original but original figures can be used with the giants game. So if you buy giants starter pack then you can buy any figures.
If you buy skylanders original you would only be able to buy series one figures not giants or series 2/lightcore or recharged.

Waitingforastartofall Thu 01-Nov-12 16:06:28

meant reposed...sorry was still thinking about batteries.

Waitingforastartofall Thu 01-Nov-12 16:07:37

cross posted with gummi sorry. Make sure you buy the skylanders giants starter pack not the booster pack

BeaWheesht Thu 01-Nov-12 16:08:03

Great thanks

livingfortoday Thu 01-Nov-12 21:40:22

Giants starter pack has a power cable in now I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now