Gifts for men?

(19 Posts)
sommewhereelse Thu 01-Nov-12 07:13:48

So what are you getting for the men in your life?
I'm looking to pinch your best ideas!
It's for a BIL whose passion is photography (but he has everything he needs)
He's not into sport either watching or playing.

AnathemaDevice Thu 01-Nov-12 09:52:56

I found a website yesterday called www.presentsformen.com, while I was looking for presents for DH. There's a mug on there shaped like a camera lens, would that be any good for your BIL?

I need ideas too, for DH, my dad and my brother, so I'm going to be keeping an eye on this thread.

TacoLeBell Thu 01-Nov-12 10:15:08

This Website Master of Malt Sells beautifully presented tasting sets of whisky. They aren't all that cheap (Start at £24) but they are really good Whiskys and DH was made up with his last year, I just bought the cheapest one as well. I've noticed they've started doing Rum this year. Worth a look for any spirit lovers.

GoldenHandshake Thu 01-Nov-12 10:31:12

Dh's presents this year are:

DKNY Belt
Bottle of his favourite aftershave
Book on photography (he is a budding photographer)
iTunes voucher
Superdry windcheater jacket

BIL1 is getting a 'lemon' themed gift set with soaps etc as he loves lemon scented soap.

BIL2 is getting superman PJ/Lounge bottoms as he loves Superman.

My Dad is getting Benidorm season 4 on DVD and some chocolates.

My brother is getting an drum n base CD and a speciality beer gift set.

Marne Thu 01-Nov-12 10:44:02

I am getting dh a fryer grin as he keeps moaning that he wants real chips and up until now i have refused to buy one.

I might get him some clothes and cycling bits too.

sommewhereelse Thu 01-Nov-12 11:11:49

Thanks
anathema he already has that mug!
Taco I've never seen him drink whisky but he is a fan of Belgian beer so that's given me an idea to explore.
We do a 'secret santa' with extended family, but with each adult designated just one other adult so there isn't a particular price limit.

AnathemaDevice Thu 01-Nov-12 11:23:35

Marne what kind of cycling stuff are you getting? DH has taken up cycling this year, so I'd like to buy him something related. Unfortunately I know nothing about cycling, so I've got no idea what would make a good/useful gift.

sommewhereelse Thu 01-Nov-12 11:30:33

anathema what about your Dad and brother, what are their interests?

AnathemaDevice Thu 01-Nov-12 12:39:34

I think I might get my dad series 2 of Mrs Brown's Boys on DVD. (I think Mrs Brown reminds him a bit of his mum, which is a bit worrying!)

Not sure about my brother. He's just bought a house, so something for that, I think. What does a 29 year old in a new house need?

sommewhereelse Thu 01-Nov-12 12:48:06

Practical things: Tool kit, drill

Decorative things: Framed prints, lamps,

kige Thu 01-Nov-12 12:50:15

Restaurant voucher for man who has everything and not inclined to suggest a gift.

Other men in family - stuff they have asked for.

Prizepudding Thu 01-Nov-12 14:18:30

Highly recommend this shave cream called Jack Blacks supreme cream shave lather. I got it for my husband for Father's Day and there is still more than half a jar left and he thinks it the best he's ever used (previously used Clinique). Quite pricey but lasts for ages, this is the best deal I have seen for it

www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Black-Supreme-Cream-236ml/dp/B000WN2O22/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351779410&sr=8-1

AlohaMama Thu 01-Nov-12 22:53:10

for dh - stemless wine glasses, garlic crusher (sounds strange, but I thought it looked quite fancy and he does cook here, Lush ambrosia shaving lotion
dad - contribution to tablet computer
bil - hiking top
other bil - don't know, very difficult, typical guy with enough money to buy all the things he needs. is into racing cars but i cant afford one of them!
fil - possibly wine aerator. We have one and I love it, and you can taste the difference. Thoroughly recommend it for anyone who likes red wine.

twolittledarlings Thu 01-Nov-12 23:14:33

For those of you who like photography, there is a book out called London, Portrait of a city by Reuel Golden. Look on Amazon. Around £29. Costco has it for around £26 last time I looked in September. Got this for a friend's 50th who is a creative director for a women magazine and he said it was brilliant, awesome.
Will be getting this for my hubby as he too loves looking at London architecture.

Also got him the Bike book and the Military History book from Book people (as he is into those things) plus the best of British bikes puzzle and the best of British cars puzzle as he just discovered his passion for jigsaw puzzles last weekend. Want to get him an alarm/ radio/ iPod docking station too. Need o do some research.

Also thinking of renewing his subscription for his Bike mag and Classic Car mag which I have been getting him for the past few years.

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Thu 01-Nov-12 23:33:38

This thread has reminded me that I was going to get an Alphabet Photography picture of our surname for DH .... might be an idea for a photography lover?

sgts Fri 02-Nov-12 07:37:18

Thanks prize pudding. Have just ordered the shave cream. Looks great

Jennylawton Mon 14-Nov-16 10:59:29

My Dh would like either House of Marley headphones or Audio Technica Headphones. I found them on his Amazon wish list thingy.
He also put on there a game called timberrr (Yes three R's) a bit like Jenga but a more robust version by the looks of it.

LBOCS2 Mon 14-Nov-16 17:28:48

Mr LBOCS is getting a Nintendo NES, a nice bottle of gin (Silent Pool, I think) and some nice glassware or a Misfit (like a Fitbit).

BIL is getting some chocolate edible anuses. Because he'll find them hilarious.

Not sure what I'll be getting DSis' other half - it's still a new relationship so I'll see what she says.

busyrascal Mon 14-Nov-16 21:59:04

Anathema I got my cycling dh a bike maintenance stand last year and he's used it lots. And PIL got him a how-to maintenance book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now